- I am an idea. You can't kill an idea like me so simply.
- — Captain Nazi src
Captain Nazi was a German super-soldier. Originally created during World War II, he survived long before that. He was an enemy of Captain Marvel and tied to the origin of Captain Marvel, Jr.. He's been a member of the Monster Society of Evil and Secret Society and lead the Fourth Reich.
The super-strong Captain Nazi was genetically altered by his scientist father, and developed into the "perfect specimen" in order to fight for Adolf Hitler and the Axis Powers during World War II. Nazi battled American superheroes such as Bulletman, Minute-Man and Spy Smasher. Albrecht placed himself in suspended animation so that he could emerge in modern society and revive the Third Reich.
In the modern era, Nazi's brother, scientist Wolf Krieger, and his granddaughter, a superpowered villainess named Madame Libertine who possessed mind-controlling powers, carried on Nazi's legacy in the 1990s and resurrected their hero from his suspended animation chamber.
During a battle with Captain Marvel, Nazi attacks two innocent bystanders who happened to be fishing near the scene of the battle. One of them, an old man named Jacob Freeman, is killed, but the old man's teenage grandson, Freddy Freeman, is saved by Captain Marvel and becomes Captain Marvel, Jr. After the Marvel Family captures and defeats Nazi, he is sent to Europe to be tried for war crimes committed during World War II.
Captain Nazi eventually joined Lex Luthor's new Secret Society of Super-Villains, where he was working with them to torture the Secret Six. He was then blinded during Secret Six's escape when Catman plunged syringes into his eyes.
Captain Nazi met his apparent end while fighting Batman and the Red Hood. The Captain and two other Society members had been lent out to the villain Black Mask to aid his attempt to assassinate The Red Hood. During the fight, The Red Hood apparently killed Captain Nazi by jamming a taser-like weapon into his cybernetic eyes. However, it was revealed that Nazi had survived. At the behest of the Society, Nazi appeared in Khandaq to release all of the captives in its prisons and fought Khandaq's ruler and former Secret Society member, Black Adam. During the battle, Black Adam confronted Nazi about how he seemingly survived being killed, at which time Captain Nazi cryptically proclaimed that previous origins about him were wrong and that the villain wasn't even human; that he was the living avatar of National Socialism given physical form and that so long as there are Nazis in existence, he would exist. Despite this revelation, Black Adam easily defeated Captain Nazi. (Note: In George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, the Thought Police agent O'Brien states that "Big Brother cannot die, for he is the manifestation of The Party, and the Party will never die".)
One Year Later
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology
- Enhanced Senses: He claims to have enhanced senses, although it hasn't been really shown in action except for a questionable run in with Wildcat.
- Flight: He can fly and at very fast speeds.
- Invulnerability: To the lesser superhumans he's extremely difficult to damage, as his skin can withstand bullets and high temperatures easily.
- Superhuman Speed: He can move at mach speeds from one period to the other.
- Superhuman Stamina: He can fight for very long periods of time without tiring.
- Superhuman Strength: He's very strong and can lift thousands of tons with ease. While also being able to fight Captain Marvel briefly.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): He's claimed to be trained by Adolf Hitler, and has shown on several occasions to be very well-trained in hand to hand combat.
- Irrational Hatred
- His cybernetic eyes are the only vulnerable part of his body.
- Captain Nazi first appeared in Earth-S continuity in Fawcett Publications' Master Comics #21 by William Woolfolk and Mac Raboy. He was reintroduced in Post-Crisis New Earth continuity in The Power of Shazam! #5 by Jerry Ordway and Peter Krause.
- 39 Appearances of Albrecht Krieger (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Albrecht Krieger (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Albrecht Krieger (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Albrecht Krieger (New Earth)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."
The Fourth Reich member
Secret Society of Super-Villains member