Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Alcippe was the Queen of the Amazons of Themyscira for a thousand years in the time of Ancient Greece before the reign of Hippolyta, her daughter and heir to the throne. She was killed to treason by Ambassador Charax of Sparta while drinking poisoned wine by exigency of the witch Hecate, that ravaged with her undead creatures the city of King Kleomenes in exchange of her to leave Sparta. This led to a war between the Amazons and the Spartans, and later to the prohibition by Hippolyta of any man to set foot on Paradise Island again.
- Amazonian Training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- Queen Alcippe was created by Trina Robbins and Colleen Doran, first appearing in Wonder Woman: The Once and Future Story. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Queen Alcippe first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman Annual (Volume 4) #1 by Meredith Finch and David Finch.
- This character is an adaptation of Alcippe (Amazon), a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- The mother of Hippolyta was named Alcippe in Wonder Woman Annual (Volume 4) #1, but Antiope in Wonder Woman (Volume 4) #47. In Greek myth, her mother is called Otrera, who was mentioned as a past queen of the Amazons in Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #12.
- 2 Appearances of Alcippe (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Alcippe (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Alcippe (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Alcippe (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Family member|