In a secret facility located in the Louisiana swamplands, he and his wife Linda invented a Bio-Restorative Formula that would solve any nations' food shortage problems. Two henchmen — thugs working for a unknown man — barged into Alec's lab, knocked him out, and planted a bomb in the facility. Alec woke up just as the bomb exploded, and in flames, he ran into the swamp. His body had been drenched in the bio-restorative formula, and this affected the swamp's plant life, imbuing it with Alec's consciousness and memories. The newly conscious plant life formed a semblance of a human form and rose up from the bog as the Swamp Thing, the latest in a long line of Earth elementals created when The Green was in need of protection.
- Botany: Doctor Holland was a brilliant botanist, on par with Pamela Isley.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DCAU and is an adaptation of Alec Holland/Swamp Thing. The original character was created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson and first appeared in Swamp Thing #1.
- He first full appearance was in Batman and Harley Quinn.
- Swamp Thing made a small cameo appearance in the Justice League episode "Comfort and Joy". He was seen at a cantina.
- In a Justice League Unlimited episode (entitled "Initiation") an unknown creature aboard the Justice League Watchtower, who is never identified, looks remarkably similar to Swamp Thing. Swamp Thing can also be seen on a poster in the episode "Wake the Dead".
- 5 Appearances of Alec Holland (DCAU)
- 2 Images featuring Alec Holland (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Alec Holland (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Alec Holland (DCAU)
Swamp Thing and is predominantly seen in the Swamp Thing family of titles. This character may be part of the Swamp Thing's supporting cast, a minor acquaintance, or one of his adversaries. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Swamp Thing Characters category.