Alera was an Amazon cleric.
This section of the history takes place during Wonder Woman: Odyssey, a run by J. Michael Straczynski that ran from Wonder Woman #600 to Wonder Woman #614. It was intended as a reboot of the character, with a new costume, tone and origin, but was later revealed as an alternate timeline created by the goddess Nemesis. The run ended with the company-wide reboot Flashpoint.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Alera possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Alera stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- 2 Appearances of Alera (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Alera (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Alera (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Alera (New Earth)