The only child born on the island, Princess Diana grew spoiled by all the Amazons, becoming a vain and self-centered girl, always provoking the other women with her pranks. Only one of the Amazons, Alethea, did not give her the attention Diana demanded of them all.
Obsessed with conquering Alethea's heart, Diana ventured into the perils of the Island of Themyscira, killing monsters and discovering hidden treasures. However much Diana tried, it did not make Alethea admire her.
Diana's actions went so far as to cause a terrible tragedy against her Amazon sisters, even costing Alethea herself, who fought bravely to counter the danger invoked by Diana. Only after Alethea's death, Diana understood Alethea's heart and that it was she, not the princess, a true Amazon.
Because of the tragedy and her beloved's death, Diana was judged and condemned by Queen Hippolyta to exile in the modern Man's World, and should return only when she have made up for the ills she have caused.
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality by the Gods. The people of Themyscira lived forever while on the island, though could be killed in battle or in an accident.
- Superhuman Strength: Rumors claimed the Amazons were five times stronger than even the strongest men.
- Alethea's name is greek (Αλήθεια) for Truth, whose Diana's love for her parallels the connection Wonder Woman has with this concept.
- 1 Appearances of Alethea (The True Amazon)
- 1 Images featuring Alethea (The True Amazon)
- 1 Quotations by or about Alethea (The True Amazon)
- Character Gallery: Alethea (The True Amazon)