Alex Mason was a child prodigy who at a very young age became the world's leading expert in magnetism.
Unfortunately, he was also a megalomaniac who believed himself to be the reincarnation of Alexander the Great and plotted to rule the world. Calling himself the Planeteer, Mason kidnapped eight world leaders and hid them using mechanically generated magnetic fields to mask their locations, but Superman managed to find and free the captives, destroying Mason's machines. Unknown to the man of steel, Mason was manipulating him into destroying the machines one by one as the process was feeding power into his own body from afar, charging the Planeteer's body with enough energy that he was even able to keep Superman at bay for a time. Superman, however, eventually lured the Planeteer to Earth's North Magnetic Pole, where his powers were useless, and defeated him.
- This version of Planeteer, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Alexander Mason (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Alexander Mason (Earth-One)
- 2 Quotations by or about Alexander Mason (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Alexander Mason (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."