Alfred Pennyworth is the butler of Bruce Wayne.
Alfred Pennyworth, after a varied career, was employed as the Wayne family's butler when Bruce Wayne's parents were killed. Alfred raised the young orphan and reluctantly aided him in his quest to become the Batman. His many skills - ranging from cooking to medicine - make him Batman's staunchest ally, along with a formal demeanor that grounds the Dark Knight and deflects those who might otherwise suspect Bruce Wayne's true identity.
Alfred was present during the "Dark Knight incident" and was shocked to find that Jason Todd was revealed to be the "Arkham Knight". After the "Knightfall Protocol" was activated after Batman's secret identity was revealed to the world Alfred welcomed Bruce back into Wayne Manor when the Manor was surrounded by reporters and the citizens of Gotham before the Manor exploded. His fate remains unknown.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the video game Batman: Arkham Asylum and is an adaptation of Alfred. The original character was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #16.
- Alfred was voiced by Martin Jarvis.
- 31 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (Arkhamverse)
- 2 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (Arkhamverse)
- 2 Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (Arkhamverse)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (Arkhamverse)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.