Alfred Pennyworth is the trusted butler of millionaire Bruce Wayne.
Powers and Abilities
Alfred has his own Bat-gadget: a Belt-buckle Bat-transmitter, which he uses when in danger.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Batman, its tie-in comic book series, related live-action movie and animated movies, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman vs. Two-Face. It is an adaptation of Alfred. The original character was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #16.
- Alfred was portrayed by Alan Napier.
- In the 2016 animated film, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, Alfred was voiced by Steven Weber.
- Alfred never used a surname on-screen and was never referred to by one. However, he is given the surname Pennyworth in the Batman '66 comic books.
- Alfred is the only person who knows the secret of Batman and Robin's dual identities. He also knows the secret of Batgirl's dual identity, which she made him promise never to reveal to anyone — and he even keeps this from Batman and Robin.
- It was Alfred who originally made the costumes for Batman and Robin.
- Alfred usually answers the Batphone, which sits on the desk in Bruce Wayne's study like a normal everyday telephone. However, Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara do not know the identity of "the Voice" — to quote O'Hara in "The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra".
- Alfred has a look-alike cousin, Egbert, who works as night watchman at the Gotham City Reservoir ("The Joker's Provokers"), but — unlike Alfred — he has perfect eyesight.
- Alfred also has a second cousin, Cuthbert, whose taxicab Alfred uses to drive around Londinium ("The Londinium Larcernies", "The Foggiest Notion", and "The Bloody Tower"), but Cuthbert himself is only referred to and never seen on-screen.
- Alfred is also the look-alike of Lord Easystreet, one of the prospective customers at Minerva's mineral spa ("Minerva, Mayhem and Millionaires"). However, we never get to meet the real Lord Easystreet.
- 144 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 3 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 1 Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (Batman 1966 TV Series)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.