- Being retired and being out of the game are two very different things.
- — Alfred Pennyworth src
Alfred Pennyworth is the butler of Bruce Wayne.
A former member of MI6, Alfred retired from the world of espionage and took a job as a butler and bodyguard for Dr. Thomas Wayne and his family. After his employers were murdered, Alfred took it upon himself to raise their orphaned son, Bruce. As Bruce grew, Alfred trained him in criminology, computer hacking, forensics and martial arts, preparing Bruce for his future as Batman. After Bruce took on the life of a costumed crime fighter, Alfred took on the role of a friend and confidante to his employer, helping track down leads and examine evidence from the Batcave while Bruce worked in the field.
Powers and Abilities
- Martial Arts: Because he was once a spy, Alfred has had intense training and occasionally practices fighting with Batman.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Beware the Batman and is an adaptation of Alfred. The original character was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #16.
- Alfred was voiced by J.B. Blanc.
- 28 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (Beware the Batman)
- 2 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (Beware the Batman)
- 3 Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (Beware the Batman)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (Beware the Batman)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.