Alfred Pennyworth served the Waynes from the time that Bruce was born.
When Bruce was left orphaned by the murder of his parents when he was a young boy, Alfred watched after him as a father and watched him grow and mature, assisting him in his quest to become Batman. According to Wayne, "I wouldn't be able to find my socks without Alfred". He is also the uncle of his sister Margaret's daughter Barbara Wilson, whom he supported after her parents died. She came to live with Alfred at Wayne Manor and became Batgirl to help Bruce and his partner Dick Grayson fight crime together. Alfred suffered through the first stage of MacGregor's Syndrome, the disease that also affected Mr. Freeze's wife Nora Fries, but was cured of the disease and continues to serve his master.
Powers and Abilities
- MacGregor's Syndrome (Formerly)
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Burtonverse film series and is an adaptation of Alfred Beagle. The original character was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #16.
- Alfred Pennyworth was portrayed by Michael Gough in the films and voiced by Clive Revill for the tie-in video game Batman and Robin.
- 15 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (Burtonverse)
- 3 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (Burtonverse)
- Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (Burtonverse)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (Burtonverse)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.