Alfred Pennyworth was an employee at Wayne Manor who apparently worked with eccentric millionaire Bruce Foster Wayne up until Wayne's death. Reporter Clark Kent is sent to investigate Wayne's last word "Rosebud," and Pennyworth is the one who finally tells him it was engraved on the gun used to murder Bruce's parents.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Citizen Wayne Chronicles. It is an adaptation of Alfred. The original character was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #16.
- DC Comics has published two different and unrelated Elseworlds stories titled Citizen Wayne. The first was written by Mark Waid and Brian Augustyn with art by Joe Staton, published in 1994's Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #4. The second is a collaboration between Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos, published in 2000's Batman Chronicles #21. They are both clear references to the classic 1941 film Citizen Kane. Additionally, Part Two of "Blind Justice" by Sam Hamm, appearing in Detective Comics #599 has the same title.
- 2 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- 1 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
|Elseworlds Character |
This character exists within an Elseworlds continuity, and as such is not a part of the mainstream DC Universe; they may also exist within the 52 Multiverse. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Elseworlds Characters."