Alfred Pennyworth was the faithful butler and ally of Batman.
After Batman killed the Joker, the hero became infected with a reserve of Joker toxin that exited the clown's body upon his death. Batman became a Jokerized version of himself and continued to kill his villains until there were none left. Having seen how corrupted Bruce had become, Alfred betrayed him and rigged the Batcave and his vehicles to kill Bruce. However, when Alfred had the opportunity to finally kill him, Bruce convinced him there was still good inside of him, using the facade to drop Alfred's guard long enough to defeat him.
- Mental Illness: Alfred was physically and mentally tortured by Batman for over a year to break his spirit into working as his manservant again.
- Alfred Pennyworth was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane, first appearing in Batman #16. However, the Earth -22 version of Alfred Pennyworth first appeared in Dark Nights: Death Metal Legends of the Dark Knights #1 by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, and Tony S. Daniel.
- 1 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (Earth -22)
- 1 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (Earth -22)
- Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (Earth -22)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (Earth -22)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.