As an adult, Alfred helped Wayne's crusade against crime in the Batcave. After the Batcave was infiltrated by some of Batman's rogues gallery, Alfred was tortured by them and eventually killed by Bane. It was also revealed that Alfred had broken his bones in 36 places and that his body was so badly beaten that his casket was closed at his wake and burial.
Bruce, so stricken with grief, worked with Cyborg to build an Alfred AI called the Alfred Protocol which would ultimately fuse with him, leading to the birth of the "Murder Machine".
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of Earth -44. It is an adaptation of Alfred. The original character was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #16.
- 3 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (Earth -44)
- 2 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (Earth -44)
- 1 Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (Earth -44)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (Earth -44)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.