Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Alfred Pennyworth is the loyal butler to the Wayne family. After the Waynes' tragic demise at the hands of an armed mugger, Alfred continued to raise young Bruce who later became the vigilante Batman.
- Computer Operation
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Military Protocol
- Alfred Pennyworth was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane, first appearing in Batman #16. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Alfred Pennyworth first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Detective Comics (Volume 2) #1 by Tony S. Daniel.
- 422 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (Prime Earth)
- 23 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (Prime Earth)
- 34 Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (Prime Earth)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.