Alfred Pennyworth cleaned Wayne Manor and helped Batman remember to be Bruce Wayne by keeping him notified of his many meetings and by reminding him to be more open to the public.
For two years Batman fought small thugs and Alfred usually just watched him, but when the Joker appeared, it got more serious as then more advanced thugs such as Mr. Freeze, Firefly, Cluemaster, Killer Croc, Catwoman, Man-Bat and Clayface started rousing.
Whenever Batman was on his missions facing villains, Alfred was at the Batwave directing him through and helping him, or dusting the Batcave and creating a gallery of Batman's "souvenirs". Apparently Alfred's grandfather worked for the Cobblepots but was fired, giving him a hatred for the Penguin, especially since this Cobblepot was as obnoxious as his ancestors.
Batman took in new friends, like Batgirl and Robin and Alfred soon learned to care for them just as much as he cared for Bruce. He even told the kids to disobey Batmans order as the joining attacked.
Powers and Abilities
- Medicine: He takes care of Bruce Wayne's injuries.
- Military Protocol
- Mechanical Aptitude
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Batman, related film, and the tie-in comic The Batman Strikes!. It is an adaptation of Alfred. The original character was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #16.
- Alfred was voiced by Alastair Duncan throughout the run of the show.
- 76 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (The Batman TV Series)
- 4 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (The Batman TV Series)
- 5 Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (The Batman TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (The Batman TV Series)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.