Alfred Pennyworth was the loyal butler of Bruce Wayne before Batman died in the year 2028. Left with his estate, Alfred moved to Arizona and allowed Dick Grayson and his son stay in Wayne Manor. Though Alfred did not approve of Grayson's crusade against superhumans after the death of Bruce, Alfred would sometimes pay visits to the former hero even in the year 2040.
When Grayson discovered that his son Jake was beginning to develop powers, his house was invaded by his own police force the Crusaders to take Jake away. Alfred, refusing to stay idly by like he did when everyone lost their powers, attempted to strike one of the police members with a baseball bed, getting himself shot in the chest in response. Alfred died in front of Dick and Jake before the two were taken away.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of The New Order. It is an adaptation of Alfred. The original character was created by Don Cameron and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #16.
- 2 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (The New Order)
- 1 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (The New Order)
- Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (The New Order)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (The New Order)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.