Government agent Alice Cable was sent to protect Alec Holland and his work at his Louisiana laboratory on a revolutionary formula that could end world hunger, when Anton Arcane, desiring to have the formula for himself, had his henchmen kill Alec's sister and destroy the lab, dousing Alec in flames with his own formula. Alec plunges himself into the swampy lake and was believed to have been killed. A short while later, as Arcane's henchmen tried to kill Cable, a green humanoid plantlike creature attacked them and saved Cable from death, coming to her rescue time and again. Eventually Cable discovered that this creature was actually Alec Holland, somehow resurrected in the form of a swamp creature. Soon he and Cable were captured along with the book that contained Holland's formula and were brought to Arcane, where he attempted to make use of it to give himself, as Holland had described, the essence of who he was, believing it would make him the most beautiful and charismatic person that ever existed. Instead, it transformed Arcane into a hideous werebeast who ended up chasing after and attacking Holland and Cable. Though Cable was slain by Arcane's sword, Holland managed to heal her and to stop Arcane for good. Rather than trying to find a way to return himself to normal, Holland chose to remain in his new form with his home now being the swamp that he was reborn in.
- Firearms: Skilled at using firearms.
- Alice Cable was portrayed by Adrienne Barbeau in the film Swamp Thing.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the film Swamp Thing and is an adaptation of Abigail Arcane. The original character was created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson and first appeared in Swamp Thing #2.
- 2 Appearances of Alice Cable (Swamp Thing Movies)
- 4 Images featuring Alice Cable (Swamp Thing Movies)
- Quotations by or about Alice Cable (Swamp Thing Movies)
- Character Gallery: Alice Cable (Swamp Thing Movies)
Swamp Thing and is predominantly seen in the Swamp Thing family of titles. This character may be part of the Swamp Thing's supporting cast, a minor acquaintance, or one of his adversaries. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Swamp Thing Characters category.