"Give Me Liberty - - Give Me Death!": On a train bound for Philadelphia, Liberty Belle awakens from a dream wherein she saw herself as an 18th century patriot known as Miss Liberty. She recalls that Miss Liberty sacrificed her life during the Americ
- Consider me resigned from the Squadron --- Effective immediately!
Appearing in "Give Me Liberty - - Give Me Death!"
- Tom Revere (Final appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Give Me Liberty - - Give Me Death!"
On a train bound for Philadelphia, Liberty Belle awakens from a dream wherein she saw herself as an 18th century patriot known as Miss Liberty. She recalls that Miss Liberty sacrificed her life during the American Revolution to protect what has since become known as the Liberty Bell.
After discussing her dream with fellow teammate Johnny Quick, the two arrive at Independence Hall. They visit Libby's friend, Tom Revere, who is the guardian of the Liberty Bell. Suddenly, Baron Blitzkrieg, Der Zyklon and Major Zwerg raid Independence Hall and try to steal the bell. Tom tries to intercept them, but is callously murdered by Baron Blitzkrieg. Liberty Belle flies into a rage and attacks Blitzkrieg while Johnny Quick deals with Der Zyklon. The dwarf, Major Zwerg, is trapped beneath a piece of fallen debris. Although the heroes fight valiantly, the Nazis get the upper hand, and steal the Liberty Bell, nearly killing Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle in the process.
Shortly thereafter, they meet back up with other members of the All-Star Squadron. Liberty Belle blames herself for Tom's death, citing that had Blitzkrieg and his cronies not been tracking her, then Tom would still be alive. In anger, she tears off her domino mask and quits the All-Star Squadron.
- Issue includes house ads for golden age DC Comics published at the time that the events from this issue take place, indicating that All-Star Squadron #45 takes place in May of 1942.
- Tom Revere first appeared in Boy Commandos #1. He is said to be the descendant of a famous American. This would undoubtedly be Massachusetts patriot Paul Revere who warned coastal communities of a coming British invasion in his infamous "midnight ride".
- Der Zyklon is German for "The Cyclone".
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All-Star Squadron Vol 1 45 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-Star Squadron series
- Images from All-Star Squadron Vol 1 45
- Justice Society Recommended Reading
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Squadron (Volume 1)
- America vs. the Justice Society (Volume 1)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- JSA (Volume 1)
- JSA: All Stars (Volume 1)
- JSA Classified (Volume 1)
- JSA: Strange Adventures (Volume 1)
- JSA vs. Kobra (Volume 1)
- Justice Society of America (Volume 1)
- Justice Society of America (Volume 2)
- Justice Society of America (Volume 3)
- Last Days of the Justice Society Special #1
Links and References
- All-Star Squadron at Wikipedia.org
- All-Star Squadron series index at Comicbookdb.com
- All-Star Squadron series index at the Grand Comics Database Project