"...Faster...": Leo Quintum leads a space excavation team to the the surface of the son aboard the ship the Ray Bradbury. One of the men's body mutates and he sabotages the ship, courtesy of Lex Luthor. [[Kal-El (All-Star
- If I want to die happy, it's time to get serious about killing Superman. Don't you think?
Appearing in "...Faster..."
- Superman (First appearance)
- Cat Grant (First appearance)
- Jimmy Olsen (First appearance)
- Leo Quintum (First appearance)
- Lois Lane (First appearance)
- Perry White (First appearance)
- Sam Lane (Single appearance)
- Steve Lombard (First appearance)
- Lex Luthor (First appearance)
- Bizarro Drones
- Floral (Single appearance)
- Jonathan Kent (Cameo)
- Jor-El (Cameo)
- Lara Lor-Van (Cameo)
- Martha Kent (Cameo)
- Nanonauts (Single appearance)
- Ron Troupe (Cameo)
- Voyager Titans (Single appearance)
- All-Star Superman Universe
Synopsis for "...Faster..."
Leo Quintum leads a space excavation team to the the surface of the son aboard the ship the Ray Bradbury. One of the men's body mutates and he sabotages the ship, courtesy of Lex Luthor. Superman flies to their rescue, exposing his body to 6000 degrees Fahrenheit.
At the Daily Planet, Perry White sees Lois Lane working on an article about Superman saving the crew aboard the Ray Bradbury even though it hasn't happened yet. They receive information that Lex Luthor had caused several rivers to be damned with "intent to profit from global water shortage by tampering with the sun".
General Lane walks in to find Lex Luthor barking verbal commands to his weapon aboard the Ray Bradbury.
Superman arrives on the ship to pull out the living weapon. As he throws it into the sun, a large explosion occurs. Superman extends his bio-electric field to help protect the ship and take the brunt of the explosion.
At P.R.O.J.E.C.T. headquarters on the moon, Leo Quintum is running tests on Superman. While stronger and faster than ever, the exposure to the stellar radiation has overloaded Superman's cells and Quintum predicts he will soon die. Quintum points out that Luthor had used them as bait to get to Superman. Quintum promises he'll find a way with his genetic research to heal or replace Superman.
Clark Kent rushes to a meeting at the Daily Planet while Lex Luthor is arrested for the attempted murder during the sun exploration.
Lois Lane babbles on about her day as Clark continually attempts to interrupt her. Eventually he rips open his shirt to reveal to her that he is Superman.
- In this issue, Superman accomplishes the following Super-Feats
- Superman saves the first manned mission to the sun.
- $1 reprint edition published July 8, 2009
- No trivia.
- Discuss All-Star Superman Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-Star Superman series
- Images from All-Star Superman Vol 1 1
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)