"Outlaw: "Draw Death"": Rick Wilson was a young boy when he wanted to be a Texas Ranger just like his father Samuel Wilson. During their time together they rescued and took in a young Mexican girl named Paloma. As Rick grew older, he s
- I didn't want it this way! I've always dreamed of wearin' a Texas Ranger badge... of ridin' with Dad and his men! But these are the cards that ramrod dealt me! I've got to play 'em his way! To the bitter end!
Appearing in Outlaw: "Draw Death"
- Outlaw (Rick Wilson) (First appearance)
- Samuel Wilson (First appearance)
- Paloma (First appearance)
- Dave Fenton
- Rita Fenton
- Unnamed Fenton brother
- El Diablo (First appearance)
- Lucifer the Horse (First appearance)
- Doc Levy
- Maria Wilson (Behind the scenes)
- Mister Brown
- Mrs. Brown
Synopsis for Outlaw: "Draw Death"
Rick Wilson was a young boy when he wanted to be a Texas Ranger just like his father Samuel Wilson. During their time together they rescued and took in a young Mexican girl named Paloma. As Rick grew older, he soon became resentful of his father who would deny his requests to join the Texas Rangers. He would befriend an eagle which he would keep as a pet.
However, eventually Rick's resentment of being treated as a boy would force Rick to run away and start hanging out with shady characters. When he agreed to help the Fenton Gang rob a stagecoach under the promise that nobody will be hurt. However the Fenton Gang kills some of the coach riders and Rick is recognized setting his father to go after him. In a draw, Rick is forced to shoot his own father, but only wounds him and escapes.
Wilson decides to bring in the Fenton's however, he is confronted by El Diablo, who warns him that the Fenton's intend to betray him. Getting the drop on the Fenton's, Rick manages to shoot them dead, and is forced to flee and become an outlaw, determined to prove himself a man in his own way, even while his father sends out wanted posters for his arrest.
Appearing in El Diablo: "The Devil Has Two Faces"
- El Diablo (Lazarus Lane) (First appearance)
- Wise Owl (First appearance)
Synopsis for El Diablo: "The Devil Has Two Faces"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- "Draw Death" is reprinted in Jonah Hex and Other Western Tales #3 and Showcase Presents: Jonah Hex, Volume 1.
- With this issue, El Diablo becomes a regular recurring feature.
- Gil Kane and Dick Giordano make guest appearances in the El Diablo story.
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #7 erroneously credits All-Star Western (Volume 2) #3 as the first appearance of El Diablo. In fact, he makes his first appearances in this issue.
- Discuss All-Star Western Vol 2 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-Star Western series
- Images from All-Star Western Vol 2 2
- All-Star Western (Volume 2)
- El Diablo (Volume 1)
- El Diablo (Volume 2)
- El Diablo (Volume 3)
- Weird Western Tales (Volume 1)