- He's gone, Valerie. Oh, God … he's gone. You monsters … you MURDERED my GRANDSON.
All Flash #1 is a one-shot with a cover date of September, 2007.
Appearing in "Justice, Like Lightning"
- Linda Park
- Jai West
- Iris West
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
- Batman (Bruce Wayne)
- Valerie Perez (Final appearance)
- Iris Allen
- The Rogues
- The Flash (Bart Allen) (Flashback only)
- Justice Society of America
- Justice League of America
- Suicide Squad
Synopsis for "Justice, Like Lightning"
One hour earlier, Wally and his family had arrived back on Earth after an adventure involving the Justice League, Justice Society, and Legion of Super-Heroes. Shortly thereafter, he was informed by Batman of Bart's murder.
In Los Angeles, the Rogues realized what they'd done, and, frightened for their lives at the inevitable reaction of the super-hero community, turned on Inertia. However, he sped away. Abra Kadabra teleported the rest of them away to avoid arrest.
Back in the present, Wally finds Inertia and grabs him, taking him on a whirlwind race across the planet. Although thoughts of ending the young speedster's life tempt Wally, he spares him.
A week later, after Iris Allen has helped Wally and his family move into a new home, she asks him what became of Inertia. Wally tells her that he removed his speed completely, leaving him a motionless statue in the Flash Museum, forced to stare at an exhibit honoring Bart.
Across the world, the rest of the Rogues are found and captured by members of the Suicide Squad.
- This one-shot number counts as the finale for The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive. This saga as well this number counts as a prequel for Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge.
- Wally West appeared last in The Flash Vol. 2 #230 and next appears in The Flash Vol. 2 #231.
- The Rogues' next appearance is in Salvation Run #1.
- The title for this issue, "Justice, Like Lightning" is also an often-used tagline in Marvel Comics' Thunderbolts comic series. The full line is allegedly "Justice, like lightning, ever shall appear, to few men ruin, but all men fear."
- The Flash Recommended Reading