Alpha is a man artificially created by Dr. Burgos.
Alpha was the result of years of researches, the first living creature made entirely of synthetic material. Dr. Burgos was hoping to turn his creature into a super-being and he recruited the Dynamic Duo to achieve that goal. The two of them trained Alpha in several fields, physical, mental, intellectual and emotional.
Eventually, Batman took Alpha on the field to fight crooks. He met Batwoman on his first mission and he quickly fell in love with her. His newfound emotions made him impatient, however, and he forced his growth through his creator's machine. Unbeknownst to him, he had signed his doom as his synthetic body wouldn't survive the forced growth for too long unless he was de-powered. The dynamic duo was ready to help him, however, due to a misunderstanding, Alpha thought Batman and Robin wanted to destroy him. He swiftly turned against them and decided to destroy humanity in retaliation.
His only remaining weakness was Batwoman. She tried to reason with him and accidentally fell down a cliff in the process. Seeing that her life was in danger, and despite Batwoman telling him to get back to Gotham to be de-powered and live, he didn't listen to her and sacrificed his life to save her.
- This version of Alpha, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Alpha II (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Alpha II (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Alpha II (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Alpha II (Earth-One)