Althea is an Amazon warrior.
During a friendly sparring match with Macaria, Althea was cut, to the surprise of all around. They figured it was because the Gods of Olympus had departed, but before they were find out they were attacked by the Roman goddess Diana.
Powers and Abilities
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Althea possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Althea stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- While Althea was a prominent character on both Earth-Two and Earth-One as the primary doctor of Paradise Island, she does not appear as such in New Earth. An Amazon named Althea only appears once, in a sparring match, with no reference made to any medical training.
- 1 Appearances of Althea (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Althea (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Althea (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Althea (New Earth)