Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
During the 1880s, Amadeus Arkham was recruited by Detective Lofton of the Gotham City Police Department to help solve the case of the Gotham Butcher. Police Chief John Cromwell didn't take kindly to Arkham's theories, nor to the eventual recruitment of bounty hunter Jonah Hex.
Even so, recognizing Hex's street smarts, Arkham suggested that the two of them join forces in performing a separate investigation into the case. Together, they uncovered Gotham City's sect of the Religion of Crime, and its relation to the Butcher case.
- Amadeus Arkham was created by Grant Morrison and Dave McKean, first appearing in Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Amadeus Arkham first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in All-Star Western (Volume 3) #1 by Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti, and Moritat.
- 21 Appearances of Amadeus Arkham (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Amadeus Arkham (Prime Earth)
- 6 Quotations by or about Amadeus Arkham (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Amadeus Arkham (Prime Earth)