Amalak was a man born on a distant planet, the name of which is unknown. He is apparently the sole survivor of a cataclysm that befell this world; from his own accounts, the disaster that destroyed his planet was caused by someone hailing from the planet Krypton. However, he has not been forthcoming with additional information on this subject, and thus, independent corroboration is not currently possible.
Amalak harbored an extreme hatred of all things Kryptonian, and this drove him to seek out Superman and other survivors of Krypton's destruction with an eye towards slaying them in revenge for the loss of his own world. Amalak tried to kill Superman and his cousin Supergirl on four separate occasions, though he failed each time. To support himself in between his attacks on Superman, Amalak made his living as a space pirate, preying on interstellar travelers and robbing them of their riches.
In his last battle with Superman, Amalak worked with another Kryptonian survivor, the misshapen Nam-Ek. During this battle, Amalak was wounded by his own weapon, and is believed to have died, although this is not certain.
- Asteroid-shaped Spaceship
Numerous Kryptonite or red-sun based weapons.
- Star Amulet
- This version of Amalak, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 10 Appearances of Amalak (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Amalak (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Amalak (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Amalak (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."