Amalak fought against Kryptonian colonialism, and after the destruction of the planet, vowed to take out any survivor.
When the planet Krypton was a interstellar empire, several planets fell under its expansion. Among those planets lived Amalak, whose home world was devastated by Admiral Dru-Zod. Enraged after discovering all his people were dead, Amalak swore vengeance on all Kryptonians.
Amalak traveled to Earth, where he attacked Superman and his Kryptonian ilk and allies. He also learned that Christopher Kent was the son of General Zod and focus his anger on killing him. However, Amalak was ultimately defeated due to the actions of Karsta Wor-Ul. Amalak and his minions were taken by Karsta to the interstellar authorities.
- Alien Physiology
- Radiation Production: Amalak has displayed the ability to emit red sun and Kryptonite radiation.
- Amalak first appeared in Pre-Crisis Earth-One continuity in Superman #190 by Jim Shooter and Wayne Boring. He was reintroduced in Post-Crisis New Earth continuity in Superman #669 by Kurt Busiek and Rick Leonardi.
- 5 Appearances of Amalak (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Amalak (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Amalak (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Amalak (New Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."