Director Amanda Waller is the callous, manipulative, and patriotic director of A.R.G.U.S., and the founder and director of Task Force X. Always with the intent of benefiting the United States, Waller is willing to do terrible things to get her way, such as intimidation, blackmail, or even murder.
Amanda Waller rose to power as the director of A.R.G.U.S. sometime before 2016. After the death of Superman, she spoke with several other speaking her concern that the next Superman may not see his world views. To fill the gap of power, Waller wanted to assemble Task Force X, a team of villains who wouldn't have a choice but to obey her orders. One of Waller's greatest assets was June Moone, the host of the witch Enchantress, and was partially controlled by Moone's boyfriend/Waller's key ally Rick Flag.
One day, Enchantress got ahold of Waller's edge against her, her own heart and trapped Waller and several other of Waller's men inside Midway City. The squad was assembled, but given little details over the mission. Waller was rescued but her escort out was botched by the combined efforts of Enchantress and the Joker, resulting in her helicopter to crash.
After the squad destroyed Enchantress and freed Moone, Waller was revealed to be alive. She made good on her promise and reduced the remaining villain's sentences by 10 years and did each member a favor, except Captain Boomerang.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe franchise and is an adaptation of Amanda Waller. The original character was created by John Ostrander, Len Wein, and John Byrne and first appeared in Legends #1.
- Amanda Waller is portrayed by Viola Davis.
- 3 Appearances of Amanda Waller (DC Extended Universe)
- 6 Images featuring Amanda Waller (DC Extended Universe)
- 3 Quotations by or about Amanda Waller (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Amanda Waller (DC Extended Universe)
Suicide Squad member