Amanita is a member of the Green Lantern Corps.
Amanita is a fungus-like life form resembling an Earth mushroom. His planet of origin is the swamp world of Muscaria, where flora are the dominant species. At one with the planet and its environment, Amanita channeled those experiences into an artistic endeavor creating beautiful pieces showing the magnificence of Muscaria. When looking for new recruits for the recently reconstructed Green Lantern Corps, Larvox sensed Amanita was worthy for the role, being "the most fearless and most honest in its entire sector."
Trying to communicate with Amanita on a normal level takes great patience as he speaks extremely slow, a result of an extremely long life span. But for those willing to take the time to listen to Amanita, they will learn a great deal. He has a higher consciousness that allows him to perceive all the complexities and wonders of the Universe.
After Hal Jordan, as Parallax, annihilated the Green Lantern Corps, Amanita lost his ring and ended up stranded in space. He was captured along with many other Green Lanterns by a slave-trading ring until Guy Gardner found and freed them.
Powers and Abilities
- Muscarian Physiology: Amanita is a fungus-like life form resembling an Earth mushroom.
- Cosmic Awareness: He has a higher consciousness that allows him to perceive all the complexities and wonders of the Universe.
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power...Green Lantern's light!"
- Amanita's constructs are meticulously created and although elaborate and beautiful may take overly long to fully form.
- 22 Appearances of Amanita (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Amanita (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Amanita (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Amanita (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."