- I alone can win. I alone will destroy the JLA!
- — Amazo 2000 src
Amazo was created by Professor Ivo, a brilliant scientist expert in nanotechnology once under Luthor's employ. Amazo has the ability to read a person's abilities and mimic them, taking them and using them for his own use. By the time Amazo was able to copy the entire Justice League's powers, he realized that the man he had allied with, Lex Luthor, had been tricking him all along. He never planned to help Amazo in his life after defeating the Justice League--in fact, he planned to destroy him. With this in mind, Amazo left the planet and began scouting the galaxy for a more intelligent life. A veritable "god" with all of knowledge, powers and evolution, Amazo returned to Earth after a short hiatus in an attempt to remove Lex Luthor, the man who had lied to him when he was still a naive robot, from existence literally. Though he did meet up with Luthor despite facing heavy resistance from the expanded Justice League, he was convinced by Luthor to allow him to live--in an attempt for Luthor to right his wrongs and do better, and for Amazo to continue his evolving.
Dr. Fate arrived on the scene seconds after and allowed Amazo to go with him, in an effort to help him find his place in life.
Amazo later helped the Justice League in their fight against Solomon Grundy; Grundy's revival through Chaos Magic allowed him to absorb the energy that Amazo projected at him. Amazo teleported to a far place in the galaxy to figure out how to counteract this dilemma.
- Android Body
- Power Replication
- Superhuman Strength: Strength of Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
- Energy Construct Creation: Green Lantern's constructs.
- Energy Projection
- Superhuman Speed: Speed of the Flash.
- Flight: Flight of Superman, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman.
- Energy Projection: Heat vision of Superman.
- Invulnerability: Durability of Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman.
- Intangibility: Physiology of the Martian Manhunter.
- Reality Alteration
- Size Alteration
- Power Replication
- Lasso of Truth: Wonder Woman's lasso.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Amazo. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky and first appeared in The Brave and the Bold #30.
- Amazo was voiced by Robert Picardo.
- Amazo is also known as A.M.A.Z.O., Amazo 2000 and the Android.
- 7 Appearances of Amazo (DCAU)
- 1 Images featuring Amazo (DCAU)
- 1 Quotations by or about Amazo (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Amazo (DCAU)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."