Amen-Hotep was a wizard with impressive magical powers, who was born in Egypt and lived in the 18th dynasty. When he fell out of favor with the reigning pharaoh of his time, he escaped execution by placing himself into suspended animation and faking his own suicide.
Centuries later, in the 1930's, Amen-Hotep awoke once more, and decided to use his supernatural abilities to rule the world of modern man. He was thwarted in this effort by Zatara the Magician, and was thought to have been destroyed when Zatara turned his body to dust, which blew away in the desert winds.
Many years later, Zatara himself had gone into hiding in another dimension due to a curse placed upon him and his daughter Zatanna by the evil Allura. In her quest to find him and help break this curse, Zatanna ultimately summoned magical duplicates of various Justice League members to assist her, and during the battle with Allura, she also summoned a duplicate of Amen-Hotep to aid her cause. It should be noted, however, that this was not the real Amen-Hotep. The real Amen-Hotep has not been seen since his initial battle with Zatara, and may well be dead.
- enemy of Zatara
- This version of Amen-Hotep, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Amen-Hotep (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Amen-Hotep (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Amen-Hotep (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Amen-Hotep (Earth-Two)
|Zatanna Villain(s) |