"Beth Wish part 2 of 5": Harry confronts his estranged wife, Beth, who is not suprised to see him, even though he was thought to be dead. Corrupt Detectives McFadden and Giambone are collecting protection-racket money from the Kit Kat Klub, as well and are tryi
Appearing in "Beth Wish part 2 of 5"
- Detective Tommy McFadden
- Detective Michael Giambone
- Officer Willson
- Wermer (Artur Combs' Parole Officer)
- Ray Baker (Piano / Ray Baker Trio)
- Theodore Roosevelt (Percussion / Ray Baker Trio)
- Arthur "Artie" Combs (Tenor Saxaphone / Ray Baker Trio)
Synopsis for "Beth Wish part 2 of 5"
Harry confronts his estranged wife, Beth, who is not suprised to see him, even though he was thought to be dead. Corrupt Detectives McFadden and Giambone are collecting protection-racket money from the Kit Kat Klub, as well and are trying to increase their take to 15 percent. They bust the Kit Kat Klub, but Beth, the owner, will not play ball. She pays the bail money for herself and her girls, but tells the corrupt detcetives that they will still be getting only 10 percent. harry introduces his friend Ethlie to Artie Combs, but then after fighting off some ruffians on the way home, gets romantic with her. Meanwhile, Artie Combs is having problems with his Parole Officer, Wermer, whom is making him pull a job cracking a safe. The story ends with Beth asking Harry for help with the cops that are squeezing her for a payoff.
- This book was first published on August 21, 2002.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss American Century Vol 1 18 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the American Century series
- Images from American Century Vol 1 18