Ammon-Ra is one of the Ogdoad, the first generation of beings worshiped as gods by the ancient Egyptians.
Legend has it that Ra created the Metamorphae in his never-ending battle against the serpent Apep. There have been several known Metamorphae throughout history including Ahk-Ton, Rex Mason, Urania Blackwell, Jillian Conway and the Roman centurion, Algon, The Ancient Element Man.
In more recent years, Ammon-Ra was summoned at the behest of Urania Blackwell, who begged him to end her immortal existence. Ammon-Ra granted her wish, and Urania was turned to powder.
- Immortality: By Bast's words, "Gods can't die. We merely fade away." This means that while gods have worshipers, they will not die.
- Size Alteration: All Egyptian gods can grow in size.
- Superhuman Strength: He provides Black Adam with his great strength.
- Secret Word: The true name of Ammon-Ra, which grants extraordinary mystical power (The few persons in the cosmos who know the name are the goddess Isis and the original Doctor Fate).
- Artifact creation: Ammon-Ra created the Orb of Ra.
- This character is an adaptation of Ammon-Ra, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 6 Appearances of Ammon-Ra (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Ammon-Ra (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Ammon-Ra (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ammon-Ra (New Earth)