Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- But the Queen of all Beings and Things transcended ridiculous human emotions-- a hundred thousand years ago.
- — La Dama src
In the 21st she took up residence in El Paso, establishing herself as a mob boss and quickly becoming Blue Beetle's enemy. She engineered the death of Brenda Del Vecchio's father to take her under her wing while trying to manipulate Jaime Reyes into becoming her ally.
In the 30th century she resurfaced as a galactic conqueror and tyrant. Her army of Scullions killed half of the Justice League, forcing the survivors to run away while she easily took over the world, spread her rule across the galaxy and brainwashed a group of teenagers who in another reality would have become the Legion of Super-Heroes into being her slaves. As Supergirl and her team discovered, she isn't interested in ruling anything: she conquers a world and plays the benevolent despot until she gets bored -usually, quickly and easily- and then she burns it to ashes. One of her minions claimed she could annihilate the League at any time or have prevented their existence, but they amuse her.
During a climatic battle between the Justice League and her Legion of Death, Styx sent her daughter Teri and Tina Sung back to the past. Teri managed to travel back to the future with Blue Bettle's help, and confronted Styx. Styx revealed her Amparo Cardenas/La Dama identity and claimed Jaime would become her ally before sending them back to the 20th century.
- La Dama was created by Keith Giffen, John Rogers, and Cully Hamner, first appearing in Blue Beetle (Volume 7) #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity La Dama first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Blue Beetle (Volume 8) #1 by Tony Bedard and Ig Guara.
- 14 Appearances of Amparo Cardenas (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Amparo Cardenas (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Amparo Cardenas (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Amparo Cardenas (Prime Earth)
|Blue Beetle Villain(s)|
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Blue Beetle Legacy in any of its incarnations. Including Dan Garrett, Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes as well as any alternate universe equivalents.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."