Andre was a fighter pilot in the Blackhawk Squadron.
A true ladies' man and soldier of fortune, the dapper Frenchman Andre was a leader in the French underground, during World War II, and was a linguist par excellence. Even after joining the Blackhawks, Andre was known for his military planning skills, and he worked alongside Blackhawk, preparing their daring raids.
Over the following two decades, along with the Blackhawks, Andre battled a wide variety of Nazi masterminds, Communist warlords, international terrorists, renegade scientists, and other evil menaces.
In the late 1960s, when the team tried its short-lived experiment with "secret identities," Andre revealed a previously unheralded talent for engineering all things mechanical, and became "M'sieu Machine".
Powers and Abilities
- Aerial Combat Andre was one of the very best combat pilots in the world.
- Falconry: Andre worked patiently with Blackie, the team's amazing hawk mascot, and taught him to accomplish a number of complex tasks.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- According to the G.E.O.R.G.E. intelligence agency, and as confirmed by Andre, he was secretly afraid of girls.
- Andre first appeared in Military Comics #2 published by Quality Comics, and was created by Will Eisner and Chuck Cuidera. The Earth-One version of Andre first appeared in Blackhawk #108 in a story by Robert Bernstein and Dick Dillin.
- This version of Andre, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 171 Appearances of Andre (Earth-One)
- 10 Images featuring Andre (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Andre (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Andre (Earth-One)