Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Andrew Pulaski, code name Apollo, was a StormWatch operative.
Andrew Pulaski grew up in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. When he was 12 years old, he came out to his family. Andrew's father sent him to live with his Aunt and they didn't speak again. At the age of 13, he was abducted by aliens and experimented upon, which gave him super powers on par with Superman.
Realizing he had powers, he set out to do good, but mostly from the sidelines. Among his exploits was killing a child pornography ring. He did not consider himself a hero so when he was approached by StormWatch, he was initially hesitant to join. He was interested in partnering with Midnighter, though Martian Manhunter persuaded them both to join, as their powers could prove useful.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: Apollo has been described as a "photon-powered hyper".
- Apollo was created by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch, first appearing in StormWatch (Volume 2) #4. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Apollo first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Stormwatch (Volume 3) #1 by Paul Cornell and Miguel Sepulveda.
- Andrew was inspired by the Greek god Apollo when he chose his alias because the mighty sun god also loved a man, named Hyacinth.
- 73 Appearances of Andrew Pulaski (Prime Earth)
- 40 Images featuring Andrew Pulaski (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Andrew Pulaski (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Andrew Pulaski (Prime Earth)