Angel O'Day is the daughter of famed adventurer Professor Theo O'Day. Angel did not know her mother as she died when she was very young. Angel's father later married the retired super-heroine called Princess Power, and their common child was the super-strong but mentally deficient girl Athena Tremor, later known as Dumb Bunny of the Inferior Five.
Having most of her family members having superhuman strength, Angel O'Day grew up with a massive inferiority complex, which she tried to compensate by over performing in school and in arts such as fencing, martial arts, sharpshooting and foreign languages.
While working as a translator for a shipping company, she uncovered a massive smuggling operation. With the reward money, she opened up a detective agency, something she has never regretted. Her father's best friend, famed Chinese detective Charlie Chum, taught Angel all he knew about detective work.
- Investigation: Angel is a superb detective with a keen eye.
- Multilingualism: Angel is very intelligent and well-educated, knows twelve languages (Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese, Japanese, Dutch Afrikaans, Swahili, Ancient and Modern Greek, Latin, Spanish, German, Russian, and Atlantean),
- Marksmanship: Angel is an excellent shot.
- Martial Arts: Angel is a superior hand to hand combatant, with extensive knowledge of karate and Kung Fu, plus a special martial art adapted to battle gorillas.
- Fencing: She is also an "A"-rated fencer.
- .45 Super: Stainless steel Detonic 45 ACP as her prime weapon.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Appearances of Angel O'Day (New Earth)
- Images featuring Angel O'Day (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Angel O'Day (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Angel O'Day (New Earth)