"Fox on the Run": Vixen chases down a plane in the rain, but when she is stopped by someone, an invisible assailant rips out the man's spine before her eyes. She escapes clinging to the leg of the plane. Elsewhere, Animal Man saves a fox
- How about you? Radioactive Fox bite you or something?
Appearing in "Fox on the Run"
- Hamed Ali (Flashback only)
- Grant Morrison (Flashback only) (Behind the scenes)
- Yellow Aliens (Cameo)
- B'Wana Beast (Mentioned only)
- Tricia Denning
- Roger Hayden
- Hertfordshire Hunt Saboteurs
- James Highwater
- Dr. Huntoon
- Mad Hatter
- Justice League of America (Mentioned only)
- Kwaku Ananse (Mentioned only)
- Mustapha Makasi (Mentioned only)
- North America
Synopsis for "Fox on the Run"
Vixen chases down a plane in the rain, but when she is stopped by someone, an invisible assailant rips out the man's spine before her eyes. She escapes clinging to the leg of the plane. Elsewhere, Animal Man saves a fox from hunters in England in the name of an activist group.
At Arkham Asylum, Dr. James Highwater hopes to meet the Psycho Pirate. He is startled by an escaped Mad Hatter, who claims that they are all words on a page, and that some cheap hack is writing their lives. Psycho-Pirate is obviously still affected by the recent crisis, and fears being erased from continuity. He indicates a message for Dr. Highwater, which seems to be a page from an Animal Man comic book.
Buddy returns home, where Vixen explains that she is still being chased by some kind of invisible creatures. Suddenly, the invisible creatures burst into the Bakers' living room. Vixen uses a smoke bomb to reveal their assailants, but when Buddy looks into their eyes, his body unravels and crumbles to dust. As the smoke dissipates, the yellow aliens who gave him his powers appear, stating that they will now take charge.
- Hayden mentions several Earths destroyed or merged into New Earth in the Crisis on Infinite Earths: Earth-One, Earth-Two, Earth-S, Earth-X, Earth-Four, Earth-Prime as well as writer Marv Wolfman.
- Animal Man Recommended Reading