She was one of the few detectives who openly advocated the presence of the Batman and did not regard him as a wanton vigilante. Anna was partnered with the embittered Crispus Allen, who, unlike her, felt that the Batman was untrustworthy. After transferring captured felon Jacob Freeley to the state prison, Ramirez and Allen found themselves caught in the middle of a gang war between Sal Maroni's organization and the Russian mob. During the firefight, Maroni grabbed Ramirez and used her as a hostage. The Batman arrived and disarmed Maroni.
Faced with unsurmountable hospital bills for her mother, Ramirez gave in to Maroni's bribes. With fellow bent cop Michael Wuertz, she was responsible for kidnapping Harvey Dent and Rachel Dawes, which led to the former's transformation into Two-Face and the latter's death. She also set Judge Janet Surillo up to be killed by a car bomb. Two-Face hunted down the bribed cops and while he killed Wuertz, he spared Ramirez. He forced her to trick Barbara Gordon and her son into being captured.
- Anna Ramirez was voiced by Ana Ortiz for the animated film Batman: Gotham Knight. She was portrayed by Monique Gabriela Curnen in the film The Dark Knight.
- 4 Appearances of Anna Ramirez (Nolanverse)
- 2 Images featuring Anna Ramirez (Nolanverse)
- Quotations by or about Anna Ramirez (Nolanverse)
- Character Gallery: Anna Ramirez (Nolanverse)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.