Anthony was part of a spy mission, but he was presummed dead after he was lost during a hot balloon trip around the world. Unknown to anyone, this trip was part of his mission and he remained a prisoner in China for many years until he escaped and returned to America, where he adopted a new identity and was forbidden to get in touch with his family or friends. Under a new identity and working as a security officer at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C., Tony learned about his sister's secret identity as Batgirl, but following his instructions, he was unable to reveal himself to her.
Later on, Tony learned of about the kidnapping of Barbara by some of his enemies in China. Going all the way to that country, Tony arrived in time to save Batgirl from the evil Wo Fong. The family reunion was cut short by Fong and not long after this, Tony died along with Fong during the collapse of the castle they were fightin in, with a helpless Batgirl as witness.
- Tony Gordon first appeared in Earth-Two continuity in World's Finest #53 by David Vern Reed and Dick Sprang. He was introduced in Earth-One continuity in Batman Family #12 by Bob Rozakis and Jose Delbo.
- This version of Tony Gordon, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Anthony Gordon (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Anthony Gordon (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Anthony Gordon (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Anthony Gordon (Earth-One)