Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Arthur Curry was born the son of the Atlantean queen Atlanna and the Amnesty Bay lighthouse keeper Tom Curry. Atlanna returned to Atlantis, so Tom was forced to raise Arthur alone. As a child Arthur began to show that he had inherited his mother's gifts. Tom turned to Doctor Stephen Shin, a scientist he saved from a storm, so he could better understand Arthur's abilities.
During the time of Arthur's graduation, Shin attempted to release his research to the public, so Tom destroyed all of it except a phial of Arthur's blood, which he took. Shin paid a treasure hunter known as the Black Manta to retrieve the phial from the Curry household. However, there was a struggle and the stress caused Tom to suffer a heart attack, and he died in the hospital soon after. Arthur then tracked Black Manta down and killed his father, believing it to be Manta himself. He then fled civilization until he was brought to Atlantis by his mother's royal adviser Vulko.
He ruled over Atlantis for a while until he abandoned his role, and his brother Orm took the throne. He went on to form The Others, a team made up of outcasts who would search the globe for the Dead King's Atlantean Weapons so they could be safe guarded. After retrieving the artifacts and keeping the Trident of Neptune, Aquaman parted ways with the Others. At some point between leaving the Others and joining the Justice League, Arthur met and fell in love with Mera, a Xebelian princess sent to kill him.
After leaving Atlantis and coming across a demon-like being activating a device that opened a portal, dozens of the demon like creatures emerged from the portal and headed to the surface. Upon reaching the surface and witnessing what could only be an invasion force, he then met up with other superheroes such as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814; the Amazonian princess Wonder Woman; the fastest man alive The Flash; the dark vigilante Batman; and Superman who hailed from a dead planet. The group then proceeded to kill any of the invaders who got in their way as they attempted to stop the invasion force. The group then met up with a Cyborg. The Cyborg told the group that the leader of the invasion force comes from world to world harvesting any organic material. At that point, another portal opened and the ruler of the invaders, Darkseid, stepped through.
The tyrant used his telekinetic power to crush the whole group, rendering a majority of them unconscious, including Arthur. Upon awakening, the Flash told the group that Superman had been taken by Darkseid's forces. Coordinating their attacks, the group attempted to blind Darkseid so his energy beams would be ineffective. While the team was distracting Darkseid, Batman traveled to the home base of Darkseid- the planet Apokolips- to save Superman. Cyborg then used his built in mother box to open several portals. All of Darkseid's minions were pushed back through the portal. Wonder Woman and Arthur then blinded Darkseid, and with the help of Superman, the team were able to push the tyrant back to Apokolips. After saving the world from Darkseid's invasion the superheroes were heralded as heroes and given the name Justice League.
Arthur took on a ward in the form of a boy named Garth who became the first Aqualad. Aqualad would go on to join the Teen Titans and have many adventures until the world's mind was erased by Mister Twister making them forget about the Teen Titans. This included Aquaman, who forgot about raising Garth and taking him on as Aqualad. As such Garth became oblivious to his history and joined the Atlantean Army, unaware of his past with Arthur and the Teen Titans.
As Aquaman, Arthur Curry began protecting Boston, having decided to completely abandon Atlantis to pursue a life on land with Mera. Boston was attacked by a carnivorous underwater species called The Trench, and Aquaman and Mera fended off the invasion.
Chasing the Trench, which had taken hostages, to the Marianas Trench, they discovered the predators dying out and desperately trying to feed their children in the remnants of an Atlantean craft. The heroes saved the captives, and Aquaman reluctantly caused the Trench's extinction to prevent further loss of human life. During the U.S. Navy's investigation of the hideout after the fact, Aquaman came in contact with the ship's black box, discovering a centuries old warning inside.
Reuniting with an old ally of Aquaman's named Ya'Wara from his days with the Others, Aquaman and Mera were informed that Black Manta had killed Kahina the Seer, another former member of the Others, and had taken one of the Artifacts of Atlantis—the Seal of Clarity which she was guarding. In order to ensure their safety, Aquaman and Ya'Wara began to work together to contact the Others in case Black Manta had gotten to them. First they traveled to the United States Health Center in Heidelberg, Germany in search of Prisoner-of-War before Manta ambushed them, stole Ya'Wara's necklace, and escaped.
Once the Others were finally assembled, one of their members called the Operative informed them that Black Manta planned to steal the Dead King's Scepter. Although the Others tracked down the villain's location and Aquaman managed to defeat Manta, the heroes did not succeed in time to stop Manta from delivering the scepter to a mysterious stranger and Vostok-X was killed.
Arthur and the League took down the villain Spore, an A.R.G.U.S. employee who had been exposed to a virus when an unknown individual stole the Orb of Ra. Over their next few missions the League was followed around by Aquaman's frenemy Green Arrow, who insisted he should join the team, however the League wasn't opening ranks due to their last new addition Martian Manhunter. The Justice League realized soon after this that someone was attacking the League's enemies such as the Key and the Scavenger, to find out the Justice League's weaknesses in both body and mind. After interrogating several of the villains they all gave a single name- Graves.
Shortly after this, Aquaman was saving the inhabitants of a sunken cruise ship when he was called to the Watchtower by Cyborg. The Justice League discussed the threat that this "Graves" faced when Graves entered the Watchtower with Steve Trevor's codes and attacked the League. The entire League was defeated by the spirits Graves controlled. Graves then vanished from the scene. They then went to Tracy Trevor's and she explained that Graves was the author David Graves who had previously praised the League after they saved his family during Darkseid's invasion. However, Graves's family had gotten sick and died, and he went missing after he gained the sickness. Graves believed that the League caused the illness. After a brief skirmish between Lantern and Wonder Woman over the League's priorities, they all headed to the Valley of Souls where Graves had been imbued with his power. They were then set upon by illusions of their biggest losses. The League were soon snapped out of the illusion as Trevor arrived. They then fought off Graves and his Asuran masters, and Aquaman was able to break Graves' connection to the Asuras, ending his terror.
After the defeat of David Graves, Batman and Aquaman were having arguments about which one of them should lead the Justice League, as the team needed greater stability after Green Lantern left. These arguments were postponed due to the emergence of Wonder Woman's enemy Cheetah who had defeated her enemy and disappeared. The League tracked Cheetah to a jungle where she ambushed them and bit Superman. Superman then fell under her control and attacked the League. Cheetah fled the scene as the tribe of the Cheetah fled. After helping to secure Superman and return him to normal, the leader of the tribe explained the origin of the Cheetah. The League then chased Cheetah around the forest until Aquaman apprehended her.
After a series of aggressive moves made by the U.S. government on the area surrounding Atlantis, the underwater state declared war on the surface world. Though Aquaman wanted to stop the conflict peacefully with the help of the Justice League, he soon learned that his own half-brother Orm was leading the invasion.
Conflicted between his loyalties to the Justice League and Atlantis, Aquaman learned by investigating into the matter that Orm had not caused the mysterious attacks by the United States in order to start the war, instead, the culprit was Vulko, who was exiled from Atlantis after Curry's departure and wanted revenge.
Battling Orm's oncoming fleet in Boston, Aquaman tried to explain to his brother the conspiracy brought on by Vulko, though Orm refused to stand down. Usurping Orm and declaring himself king once more, Aquaman ended the war on the surface and declared the arrests of both Vulko and Orm.
Once king again, Aquaman soon received news that Mera had disappeared inside the Bermuda Triangle. He traveled to the Triangle and reached the kingdom of Xebel, Mera's homeland, where he came face to face with the Dead King, who had imprisoned the entire city in ice. After freeing Mera and fighting the Dead King, Aquaman and Mera retreated to Atlantis to find the city under attack by the villainous Scavenger's fleet. Aquaman summoned Topo, a massive underwater monster, with his telepathy to destroy the Scavenger's forces, but the strain of controlling the beast caused him to go into a coma just as the Dead King arrived to reclaim Atlantis.
Aquaman awakened six months later under Vulko's care in Antarctica. Returning to Atlantis, Arthur commanded the Trench to liberate his home from its tyrant. After a lengthy brawl, Arthur killed the Dead King, being acknowledged as the king of Atlantis once again. 
Aquaman was reunited with the Others when Vostok-X's helmet was stolen from The Living Room by a twisted version of animals. The Others tracked the helmet to the location of the thief, where it was revealed that the helmet was stolen by Morgaine le Fey, an immortal sorceress, member of the Immortal Men and sister of Madame Xanadu.
Morgaine wanted the helmet due to its magical properties; the helmet rid the user of the need of sustenance which would allow her to finally leave the Earth. When Arthur and the others arrived Morgaine cast illusions on each of the Others, giving them the chance to join her or die. Arthur, Operative, Prisoner-Of-War and Sky Alchesay all denied but Ya'Wara opted to join her as she believed Morgaine could help her save the Amazon Rainforest. Morgaine was defeated by the Others and Ya'Wara was brought to her senses shortly after.
Sometime after defeating Morgaine, the Others came under attack from a covert military force trying to retrieve the Artifacts; all of these attempts were futile as Aquaman and the Others were able to fight them off each time. The operatives then kidnapped Kahina the Seer's sister Sayeh wanting access to her Precognition. Arthur and the others were then ambushed by Anton Solokov and his sister Darya who were behind the attacks. They then transported the Others to their castle in Trezygstan where they met the true enemy, Legend.
Legend revealed that he was from the time of the Dead King and that he had stolen his father's enchanted gold and then murdered him. Atlan then used the Gold to forge the Atlantean Weapons, and Legend had been trying to get the gold back since then. Ya'Wara was teleported to the moon in the conflict and discovered a clone of Vostok which after returning to Earth helped Aquaman and the Others defeat Legend and the Solokov twins, killing Legend in the process. Sayeh and Vostok 2 joined the Others after the battle.
After the fight with Legend, Operative was ambushed during a deal by the KGBeast who threw him off a building. Operative was saved by Vostok and continued to fight with the KGBeast until he was overwhelmed by both opponents. Cheshire then helped the Beast escape as Aquaman appeared on the scene. Cheshire and KGBeast then met up with the rest of their team, a group of villains known as Mayhem whose members included Maelstrom, Strangehold, Braze, Cheshire, KGBeast and NKVDemon.
With the drive retrieved from the conflict with Operative - which contained nuclear launch codes - Mayhem planned to threaten the World and usurp whatever they wanted from it. To make matters worse for Arthur the Prisoner-Of-War became possessed by one of the soldiers he absorbed. However, Aquaman and the Others were able to contain the soldier and free the Prisoner-Of-War. Operative corrupted the launch codes before Mayhem could fire any Nuclear Missiles. The Others and Mayhem then fought on an abandoned Prison Island ending the threat.
Crime Syndicate's InvasionFirestorm, Element Woman and The Atom (Rhonda Pineda). Around this time the League watchtower was hacked with a message- have a nice day. On the day of the new members' introduction the Batcave was attacked by a mysterious figure who had defeated Red Hood and Alfred and taken a Kryptonite Ring. Upon investigation Batman and Aquaman weren't able to find a possible culprit, meanwhile the new members were fighting off the villain Despero who had entered the Watchtower- causing it to crash down to Earth, however the heroes were able to defeat the alien when they discovered that it bore the kryptonite ring.
After the League arrived on the scene Batman and Cyborg noticed that a microscopic slither of kryptonite was missing from the ring. While Superman and Wonder Woman were imprisoning Despero they were met upon by the woman who let evil upon the World Pandora who gave Superman her box as she hoped that his pure heart would activate the box sealing all evil up once again, however this failed so she vanished. Shortly after this the League received a message that a superhero had entered Kahndaq which was against the law. The Justice League entered Kahndaq and attempted to apprehend Shazam with the help of Zatanna before the situation escalated. Soon after this the government supported Justice League of America arrived on the scene, the arrival of this team quickly lead to conflict after Superman killed Doctor Light with his Heat Vision. Superman quickly ended the fight and ordered the Justice League of America to arrest him.While Superman was in custody Wonder Woman met with the Justice League Dark, as she believed they could help her find Pandora's Box which she thought had corrupted Superman. Believing nothing good would come of Wonder Woman finding the box, Amanda Waller sent the JL and JLA to apprehend Wonder Woman. Upon locating Wonder Woman she was able to convince several members of the JL teams to help in her search, including Aquaman.. Eventually, the team tracked Pandora down to Lex Luthor's cell where the box began corrupting the League members one by one. John Constantine was able to get the box and teleported away before any more harm could be done. Upon tracking down the box to where the team was thrown into turmoil once more. At that moment the mysterious leader of the Secret Society of Super-Villains known as the Outsider took the box. Atom then revealed that it was her that planted Kryptonite in Superman's brain- causing him to kill Doctor Light, as she was a mole for the Outsider called Atomica. Cyborg was then expelled from his body by one of his programs calling itself Grid who was working for the pair and had hacked the Watchtower. Outsider then activated the box revealing it to be a portal to another world and a figure who looked like Aquaman came out and instantly died. Then more evil versions of the Justice League came out of the portal with Outsider and Atomica joining them, they attacked the heroes claiming the World as the property of the Crime Syndicate.
As the Justice Leagues began fighting the Syndicate Deathstorm, the evil counterpart of Firestorm, blasted Firestorm causing him to have a nuclear reaction. This reaction dragged almost every hero present into the Firestorm Matrix including Arthur. The Syndicate then put Firestorm in the hands of Despero who created illusions for each hero so they wouldn't have a chance of escaping the Matrix and stopping the Syndicate. Aquaman was thrown in an illusion where all sealife had been killed by humans that put him in an endless cycle of sorrow and rage. Months later Batman was able to take down the Crime Syndicate with the help of a group of villains including Black Manta called the Injustice League and free the League. As a result of the conflict Black Manta, Ocean Master and many other villains escaped imprisonment and all the Crime Syndicate members had died apart from Grid, Ultraman, Owlman and Superwoman. Also Lex Luthor and Captain Cold were taken into consideration for Justice League membership due to their heroic actions in the invasion.
Shortly after the invasion, the League began hunting various members of the Secret Society while trying to find evidence that Luthor hadn't reformed. Agreeing that they needed to know what had happened to the Crime Syndicate's Earth they began hunting down the ring used by the deceased Syndicate member Power Ring as it held information on the upcoming threat. Eventually the team were able to locate the Ring in Oregon where it had found a new host in the form of Jessica Cruz When they arrived on site Cruz was wreaking havoc due to the ring controlling her and their was another team on the site- The Doom Patrol. Upon approaching the team their leader The Chief said he would bring the girl in to keep her from hurting anyone. The teams clashed with Aquaman fighting Robotman, the fighting stopped when Batman was able to calm Cruz down- freeing her from the ring's influence temporarily. They then took Cruz back to base where Arthur and Barry watched over her. At the same time Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman decided to allow Luthor in the League to keep an eye on him.
After saving some Atlantean workers from lava vents an alert was triggered that a giant creature was attacking the coast. This creature turned out to be the Karaqan a legendary Atlantean guardian, despite this Aquaman killed the beast to halt its rampage. Aquaman tracked a piece of the Karaqan's brain to an underwater facility called Triton Base (that had siphoned a piece of the brain from the Karaqan's corpse) where he proceeded to save a diver named Coombs from some sharks although he was critically injured in the attack.
On a trip to the surface world the Trident of Neptune was stolen by a researcher named Daniel Evans so he could learn more about ancient Atlantis, Aquaman was not able to stop him from accidentally unleashing the dreaded Giant-Born upon the world from an artifact. The beasts, who recognized Aquaman's Atlantean royal symbol, attacked him for associating with the ancient family who once imprisoned them.
Though he managed to fend off the Giant-Born, also unleashed from that artifact was the ancient hero Hercules, whose mind had been warped after having such an extended stay in the hellish landscape he was trapped in. He, too, was defeated by Aquaman, who sent him back into the artifact and swore that he would one day find a way to help the man reclaim his sanity.
An unstoppable Algae monster had begun terrorizing the ocean, killing everything in its way. Looking for a solution to the problem Aquaman and Ya'Wara went searching for the Swamp Thing in hopes of answers. However, when confronting the Avatar of the Green no answers were given and he simply fled.
When Aquaman returned to combat the monster Swamp Thing was trying to commune with it, he then had Swamp Thing eaten by Sea-cows before turning to the Algae monster. Aquaman called on his Atlantean forces to destroy the creature but then it fell apart. It turned out Swamp Thing had learned that it was a part of the uber-consciousness of all plant life that split off and formed a baby reality called Kreuzblütler, which Swamp Thing was able to destroy internally.
In Triton Base, one of the scientist's attempts to create a hybrid creature out of the Karaqan's brain and Coombs' remains was successful, however, the creature escaped the base and began its search for the King of Atlantis.
The creature, now calling itself Chimera, reached out to Arthur through marine telepathy and overpowered Aquaman's connection to sea life, making them attack him. The connection broke and Aquaman looked for answers about his experience which led him to a hospital boat where Stephen Shin was staying ever since Chimera escaped captivity. Chimera attacked Arthur on the boat and overpowered him, but the creature was defeated by an ignited fuel tank which blew it up.
Atlantis was suffering a chain of seaquakes so Aquaman employed the surface researchers Stephen Shin and Daniel Evans to assist in the investigation. It was soon discovered that the reason for the quakes was because the city did not see Aquaman as its true ruler; this meant that Atlantis never recognized that Atlanna had died. Aquaman discovered her body was not in her tomb. He then proceeded to open an investigation with the help of the Martian Manhunter. This led him to the The Maelstrom Gate where he opened a portal in search of answers.
The portal opened in Gorilla City where he was greeted by Lord Solovar ruler of the city. He asked if anyone had come through the portal years ago and Solovar told that Grodd had the answers, after quickly dispatching Grodd he was told that a woman came through some 15 years ago. He then reentered the portal.
The portal led to the Polynesian seas where Aquaman and Mera were directed to a portal guarded by Fire Trolls. They defeated the Trolls and entered the portal traveling to a hidden island named Pacifica. They were then attacked by Atlanna and her Atlantean tribe who did not believe who Arthur was. After Aquaman was knocked unconscious by Atlanna, she attempted to sacrifice him to Karaku the Volcano God and ruler of the Island. However he escaped and Karaku attacked the tribe out of anger, sending legions of fire trolls on them. The God was then defeated by Mera and Atlanna realized Aquaman is her son. After abruptly departing from Pacifica Aquaman received a message in the form of a Shell of Sounds from his mother.
Arthur heard rumors of alien structures and poisoned water in the kingdom so lead an investigation team to one of the sites. The water it emitted stung to the touch so the team destroyed the structure. As they realized more structures were appearing Arthur speculated that it was an invasion force from another dimension. While investigating, Arthur determined that the particular structure harbored refugee Atlanteans who had escaped the torment of the other dimension and were led by a warlock named Extriax.
Upon returning to Atlantis, Aquaman was attacked by Mera who believed not destroying the structures due to the possible refugees inside would cause the downfall of the World. Cast out from Atlantis, Aquaman visited Poseidon hoping to receive the strength to stop the invading dimension and take back Atlantis. As a response Poseidon gave him the powers of lightning, earth, water, ice and flight as well as a trident.
Continuing to destroy as many structures as he could on land and in the sea, while fighting off any forces coming through the portals, Aquaman continued to run from Atlantis and saved as many refugees as possible. He learned that the alternate dimension was known as Thule, and that during King Atlan's rule an organization of sorcerers known as the Coven of Thule orchestrated wars so they could rule in the shadows, however the King put a stop to this so they created a pocket dimension where they could rule indefinitely. The Coven then built up an invasion force, conquering worlds on their plain so they would be ready when the spell was lifted.
After escaping an Atlantean task force led by Garth Arthur visited Mera to try to convince her of his cause. However Mera revealed that she was not actually Mera, but her sister Hila who was working as ruler of Atlantis for the Coven of Thule. After escaping from Atlantis, the Justice League sought out Arthur as they wanted to know what was causing the worldwide calamity. After filling the League in, Arthur instructed them to destroy any invading forces in countries across the world. While the League was spearheading the defense, Arthur was to invade Atlantis.
Aquaman attacked Atlantis using sea monsters to help him topple the large quantities of enemies. After saving Mera from captivity the pair defeated Hila and headed to the Coven's lair. With the help of Garth, Murk, Swatt, his step-sister Tula and Mera, Aquaman was able to destroy the Coven and all portals across the World, sacrificing his blessings in the process. After the war was over Arthur inducted the refugees into Atlantis.
Sometime after the Thule invasion, Aquaman began to develop relations with the surface world by creating Spindrift Station, an Atlantean embassy on American soil. He appointed Mera as head of relations between Atlantis and the surface world under the guise of Aquawoman. Meanwhile, he assisted the F.B.I. in the investigation of multiple murders related to an unknown sea creature which the press was calling Dead Water.
During this investigation, he was attacked by the creature who could teleport through water bodies. He was able to defeat the creature and it was revealed that he was a normal man who had worked for Scavenger named Jonah Payne and was lashing out against people who had wronged him as Dead Water. Aquaman, now knowing this, confronted Scavenger and defeated him. He was then informed that Jonah Payne had disappeared months earlier during a salvage op in a strange water body. Aquaman and Scavenger were then attacked by Dead Water and Payne was killed in the fight.
While making delegations with representatives regarding a Mutual Defense Pact between his home nation of Atlantis and the rest of the world, he made a statement of how it was little more than an excuse for people of power to study atlantean craft while their respective nations kept WMD's pointed at his waters.
As he reassured them Atlantis held no malice to the surface so long as the rest of the world leaves them in peace, Arthur receives word of a foreigner in his kingdom searching for a way into Olympus. Reaching his kingdom, the emissary proclaims the time of false gods is over and that he is there to free Atlantis and it's people from their yoke. debating about the presence of gods whom Arthur doesn't believe in. He leaves the prophet among his people, having faith that they would be no more interested in serving Rao than they were in the worship of the long abandoned Poseidon.
He quickly comes to regret this decision however when he and his wife see a prophet convert a resisting citizen into one of their flock. After Mera worriedly asks about his leaving one of the prophets in Atlantis, Arthur immediately demanded him to leave. Only to find the situation had escalated and his people quickly turned on him when he reacted violently to the Prophets acclaiming Roa's sovereignty over his home. After the Prophets failed attempt at destroying what was left of Olympus, Arthur wakes up alongside Wonder Woman on the newly restored home of the gods.
The latter stating since the mindset of Olympus's ruler shapes the environment, it reflects whatever she; as the Goddess of War and sole god remaining there, wishes it to be. In wake of current events, the two head to the armory in order to prep for war against Rao and his followers. Heading into Ares' old munitions bunker, Diana cops several weapons of the gods from the arsenal, even handing Aquaman the relic of Atlantis's former sea god.
As Superman battles Rao in the arctic circle, Diana manages to port herself and Arthur into the fray. Dealing critical blows to the would-be god with their divine instruments, but soon relent when Kal-El reveals that any damage the mad deity suffers kills all of those who're under his thrall, as it is their life-force which feeds and sustains him. Through Batman's planning, use of Parasite teamed with the rest of the League, they were able to sever their adversaries link to the enslaved populace of the earth. But at the cost of Clark's life. Aquaman does his best to console his teammate, when Wonder Woman struck his body with the Bolt of Zues; Arthur and the others were surprised and gladdened to find Clark was among the living again. Just as Rao reconvenes with old world Krypton, bringing it back with him to present day in Earth's Orbit with an army of Kryptonians at his beck and call.
As the league struggles to deal with the steadily empowering Kryptonian army set against them, Arthur rebuts the invading Dwalu who dismiss him as a fish-man whose god long since abandoned him. Right around when he uses the Trident of the old Sea Monarch to summon a tidal wave to sweep them all aside. With help from the Infinity Corporation execs, the yellow sun of the earth is turned into a Red giant through the Stones of Life. Depowering all the Kryptonian forces, while Rao was undone by his younger self as the Justice League assembles where the tyrant met his demise.
Garth was reunited with his former friends on the Teen Titans and together they were able to defeat Mister Twister and get their memories back after years. This meant Arthur remembered adopting Garth and having him as Aqualad. With his new found friends Garth went on to form a group known as the Titans. During Wally West's attempt to escape the Speed Force Arthur brought Mera to Paradise Island near where they first met. Here he proposed to her and she said yes.
Arthur heard news of a threat to the surface world: a group of Atlantean extremists known as the Deluge led by Corum Rath, who wanted nothing to do with the surface world. The group was heading up stream to Boston with enough fusion charges to level the whole city. Fortunately, Aquaman was able to stop this from happening as he defeated the terrorists before they could cause another war between Atlantis and the Surface World.
During a diplomatic meeting in Spindrift Station a bomb went off and Aquaman was attacked by Black Manta, who was attempting to ruin Atlantis' negotiations with the surface world. Aquaman and Manta fought to a stand still until Aquaman allowed Manta to kill him, believing that Manta wouldn't as it would render his life meaningless. Black Manta chose to surrender and Arthur met up with Mera to check on her well-being. When he returned to the embassy it was on lockdown by the U.S. army due to the terrorist attack.
Aquaman and Mera travelled to the White House and met with the Chief of Staff to get Spindrift up and running again. However, Arthur was arrested after a U.S. warship named Pontchartrain was sunken by a group of "Atlanteans" claiming to be the Deluge. In order to stop a war from taking place Aquaman agreed to go along with the United States' wishes. However tensions grew worse as the Drift had been caught investigating the wreckage of the Pontchartrain, causing U.S. forces to attack them. This prompted Mera to break Arthur out of jail and the two fought through battalions of U.S. soldiers in an attempt to reach the open ocean. However, this was stopped when Superman arrived and tried to convince Arthur to stand down. Not convinced by Superman's plea, Arthur began to attack him until the Atlantean forces arrived to protect him. After receiving an order from Superman to fix the conflict Aquaman retreated to Atlantis and began to look for a way to halt the forthcoming war.
Upon return to Atlantis, Murk displayed one of the helmets used by the Deluge during the attack on the Pontchartrain, it was at this moment that Arthur realized someone was trying to start a war between Atlantis and the surface world and that they were surface dwellers as the Atlantean helm had breathing apparatus on it. After making this discovery Arthur interrogated Corum Rath about the helmet but learnt he knew nothing, so he had F.B.I. agents Reagan Irving and Arni Ajar investigate the gear on the surface world.
Aquaman learnt of a giant monster heading towards Atlantis that was believed to have been released by the organization behind the conflict. When Arthur went to investigate the creature it attacked him and laid waste to him and all of his forces. Arthur realized that the monster was a creature known as the Shaggy Man, an unstoppable being that had gone toe to toe with the whole Justice League at once. After carving a path through Atlantis the monster headed to the surface world where it began laying waste to Amnesty Bay. Arthur faced the creature alone for the fate of the world and managed to defeat it by teleporting it into space using his Justice League teleportation card, seriously injuring himself in the process.
When Mera visited him in hospital she told him that she had spoken to Lieutenant Joanna Stubbs of the British Navy who had told her that a shadow organization known as the National Enforcement Macrocosmic Order (N.E.M.O.) was behind the conflict. After receiving this information Arthur informed the Justice League who helped ease the tension by heralding Aquaman as a hero. As relations began to take a more positive turn, news of an Atlantean invasion hit the world.
N.E.M.O. had invaded several cities along the coast using Atlantean weaponry and tactics, making it seem like Atlantis was attacking the surface world. As a result of this America declared war on Atlantis destroying any Atlantean vessels they found. As the conflict rose and N.E.M.O. continued attacking American soil, the Justice League agreed to help Aquaman by attempting to prove N.E.M.O.'s existence. As the Justice League and Tula (The Regent of Atlantis) headed to the White House with the proof the F.B.I agents found, Arthur travelled to fend off U.S. forces invading Atlantis. Arthur discovered that his adversaries were actually N.E.M.O. and not Americans. He attempted to capture them as proof of N.E.M.O.'s involvement, however their heads exploded from a coral implant in their heads which was triggered by a strong signal.
After learning about the League's failure to negotiate with the President, Arthur consolidated with his council on what to do next but was attacked by a covert group of U.S. soldiers known as Aquamarines, who were biologically engineered to kill the King of Atlantis. Aquaman survived the assassination attempt and incarcerated the Aquamarines, it was then that Aquaman realized he could track the signal put off by the coral brain bombs to their source, leading him to the leader of N.E.M.O.. Aquaman tracked the signal to its source where he discovered that Black Manta was the "Fisher King" who had orchestrated the entire war. After defeating Manta and his N.E.M.O. forces, the Fisher King blew himself and his men up in an attempt to leave no proof of N.E.M.O.'s existence, seemingly killing him and his lieutenant Black Jack. After having a meeting with the President and providing proof of N.E.M.O.'s existence, Aquaman was able to redevelop peaceful relations with the surface world.
After his conflict with N.E.M.O. and Manta, Arthur began a campaign of peace between Atlantis and the Surface World. This was going smoothly until he heard a mind in great pain, and after tracking it to its source at Beckman College, Aquaman found what seemed to be a machine. He was then attacked by people the Machine was controlling, and after he managed to defeat them the machine attempted to control Arthur. Aquaman learned that the robot was a man named Siyu who was experimented on to become the cyborg known as Warhead. As Warhead, he was leased to the Kahndaqi military and sent to target rebels. When victory was achieved, the Kahndaqis ordered Warhead to wipe out all the rebels but he refused as he saw it as an act of vengeance. The Kandaqi military was not pleased that he didn't follow orders and tried to destroy him. Warhead escaped and traveled across the world, seeking safety. Eventually, he fled to New York to find a secure location to begin repairs. Now knowing the truth, Aquaman brought him to Atlantis where he could recover.
After negotiating with Warhead Aquaman was contacted by the Leader of the Aquamarines Major Ricoh of the reemergence of the Dead Water problem. She informed him that Scavenger had woken from his coma and told the government the location of the strange water, or 'H2.0' as it was being called. Unfortunately a U.S. base was already set up at the location and the research team had gone missing. Aquaman agreed to help and he, Mera and the Aquamarines rendezvoused with Scavenger and the F.B.I. agents Ajar and Irving at the research base. Upon investigation the team discovered a device that the researchers had been building before they went missing. Suddenly Specialist Ollie was murdered by a new Dead Water.
After fighting off the Dead Water Aquaman and Mortimer began finishing the device, which believed would hurt the new Dead Water. Meanwhile the Aquamarines prepared a mini nuke to blow the sinkhole in case the situation got out of hand. Dead Water reemerged so Aquaman activated the device turning back into a human who was then shot by one of the Aquamarines. After I.D.ing him as one of the researchers Laurence Quinn Aquaman decided to go investigate the sinkhole with Mera. Within the sinkhole Arthur and Mera discovered a portal to another planet, upon entering the planet told Arthur through Marine Telepathy that it was called Tethys. After analyzing water samples from the lagoon the team discovered that the other researchers were in the water shredded.
It turned out that Tethys was trying to make contact but was keeping any non-marine life out as a defense mechanism. It was doing this by generating fear in intruders, if they kept close to the border for too long and got too scared they would transform into a Dead Water. On the surface the Scavenger set the nuke to blow to stop the Dead Waters from coming. However this made Agent Ajar transform into a Dead Water, which in turn made Scavenger transform as well. To stop them from causing the death of everyone Aquaman threw the nuke into the portal severing the connection between Earth and Tethys. This ended the Dead Water problem once and for all as Scavenger and Ajar transformed back.
After the events of H2.O the people of Atlantis became slowly more upset with Arthur's actions. The people set Corum Rath free and he and his followers attacked Aquaman and Mera. After being broken up by the high council, Arthur discussed the necessity of connecting to the surface world for the Atlantean people. However the council disagreed and had Tula imprisoned while the people decided on Arthur's fate.
After Mera and Tula returned to the lighthouse, Arthur was voted out of the throne by the council and Corum Rath was crowned. Using an Atlantean artifact known as the Crown of Thorns, Rath placed a massive energy shield around Atlantis so that no one could get in or out. Arthur attempted to escape Atlantis so he could formulate a plan, but the authorities caught up with him and he was seemingly killed by Murk.
After being stabbed by Murk under Rath's orders, Arthur somehow survived and began defending people from Rath's regime in the Ninth Tride. During his time in the Tride he met a mutant named Dolphin who helped him escape the local authorities. Dolphin took Arthur to one of the mutant havens in the Ninth Tride where Aquaman listened to their strife. Meanwhile Mera was using all of her hydrokinetic power against the barrier to no avail, and Vulko was plotting a way to break down the barrier and get help after he escaped prison during Corum Rath's release. A mutant crime lord named Krush caught wind of the rumors of Arthur's survival and sent a rogue Magician named Kadaver after the Dead King.
Aquaman and Dolphin fought Kadaver but were eventually overwhelmed and captured. After learning that Krush intended to use Arthur as a power play with the King, Arthur and Dolphin escaped Kadaver and fled the area. At the same time Atlantean warlocks were attempting to arrest Mera and Tempest after she had employed him in helping take down the shield. Also Vulko had gained the alliance of the Widowhood who were trying to break down the Crown from the inside.
While Arthur was deciding his next move, Mera and Tempest fought off the Atlantean warlocks but were quickly overwhelmed by the warlocks' superior power. Tempest managed to grab a pendant from one of the warlocks which allowed the user to travel through the Crown of Thorns - with this pendant Mera was finally able to break into Atlantis. During this time Vulko was able to retrieve the Trident of Neptune which he intended to use against the Crown. When Krush went to meet with Corum Rath and tell him that Aquaman was still alive he was killed by Commander Murk.
Arthur rescued a group of rebels from drift forces who were led to the beastmaster of Atlantis Jurok Byss. Upon rendezvousing with the rebellion, Vulko returned the Trident of Neptune to Arthur who became the figurehead of the rebellion. Meanwhile, a complication with the pendant made it so Mera couldn't breathe after she passed through the barrier, and she was captured by King Shark who intended to become the next big crime boss in Krush's place.
Aquaman and the rebel group- the Undercurrent continued to save people from Rath's rule, as he was now exterminating all life in the lower trides of Atlantis attempting to purge Atlantis of its petty people. Fortunately all the magical energy in the air empowered Arthur and his relic of power making him even more formidable then before. Aquaman and the Undercurrent concluded that to take back Atlantis they would need to bring down the Crown of Thorns so people would join their cause. Arthur and Dolphin travelled to meet with King Shark to negotiate a deal for his support. King Shark attacked Arthur but Aquaman was able to convince him to help the cause. He then noticed that Dolphin had let off her Photokinesis ability so he rushed to help her, Dolphin had discovered Mera with breathing apparatus. After breaking Mera out Arthur followed an Undercurrent member- Ondine to the Tower of the Widowhood. It turned out that Ondine was an agent of the Widowhood who was reporting back to Reverend Mother Cetea.
Cetea told Arthur that they were keeping Mera stable but the magic halting her breathing would kill her in ten hours, and that in order to stop this she would need to be taken to the surface to recuperate. Cetea said that Mera was to be the next Queen of Atlantis as she would be perfect for the role, but first they would need to save her and take down King Rath. With the Undercurrent and King Shark refusing to assault the Crown of Thorns, Aquaman went after the artifact himself. Aquaman ran into heavy resistance from Magister Loke's Silent School who served as the protectorate force to the Crown of Thorns, and were on the verge of being overrun by their magics. King Shark rallied his Ninth Tride gangs and came at the last second to aid the Undercurrent rebels and their leader, causing enough of a distraction for Aquaman to undo the enchantment holding up the Crown, but time was quickly running out for Mera. Aquaman, after being further empowered by the Quindent, managed to escort his wife away from the sea just in time to keep her from drowning. As she awoke he told her that he loved her and always would, just as Tula came up to them by the shore of their lighthouse at Amnesty Bay. His beloved now safe on land, Arthur told his half-sister that he was returning to Atlantis, seeking to dethrone Rath once and for all.
The Justice League were alerted of a unwarranted presence on American soil and went to investigate. They discovered that it was a malfunctioning mech piloted by the Justice League of China and after bringing the mech down the Chinese Superman told the team that he was looking for a Chinese artifact that would imbue him with enough power to take down the embodiment of Yang All-Yang. Superman and Superman travelled to the location while Aquaman and the other Leaguers clean up from the battle. However this didn't go to plan as All-Yang was able to open a portal to the demi-god dimension causing Asuras to come through and reek havoc. Due to their nature the Asuras couldn't be harmed by anything either League could throw at them. However the Chinese Superman was able to channel the power of both Ying and use it to defeat both All-Yang and the Asuras.
After saving Mera from Rath's regime, Aquaman helped Batman with saving a covert Wayne Enterprises research team from a natural disaster. He asked Batman what he was hiding from him and the League, a question to which he got no answer. A while later Arthur and the rest of the League were forced to fight in an arena for their lives by Mongul while wearing suits of armor fitted to greatly weaken each member of the League, however this was not enough for them to lose the fight as they were able to defeat Mongul and get back to Earth. Upon return Arthur and the rest of the League travelled to Gotham where according to Alfred Pennyworth a giant mountain had uprooted.
After investigating the mountain Arthur and the League were greeted by the Blackhawk Squadron, a covert team created to deal with apocalyptic events. After travelling to Blackhawk Island, Lady Blackhawk (the leader of the team) explained that the island was once home to Carter Hall, a detective who was stabbed by a special dagger which made him and Lady Blackhawk immortal, who had been looking to discover the location of the impossible metal's (known as Nth Metal) origin. She said that during this investigation Carter Hall and his associates had discovered the existence of a Dark Multiverse much vaster then the Multiverse which housed an evil entity known only as Barbatos - it was at that point when Carter Hall disappeared. Learning that Batman would be the portal that would let the evil into the Multiverse, Aquaman and the over Leaguers tried to restrain Batman but Red Tornado interfered allowing him to escape. After failing to capture him a second time Batman accidentally opened the gateway to the Dark Multiverse allowing Barbatos and his "evil Batmen" to come through.
Days later Amnesty Bay came under attack by a mysterious figure who could command the sea. When Aquaman and Mera came to defend the town they came into direct contact with the strange woman. This being turned out to be an evil Batman from the Dark Multiverse calling herself the Drowned who intended to transform Amnesty Bay into the Gotham she lost. Mera and Aquaman attacked the Drowned but soon discovered she was superior to them in every way, using her strange abilities to dampen Mera's Hydrokinesis and summon an army of Dead Water's from her world which began to swarm Arthur and Mera. The Drowned then proceeded to infect Mera, turning her into a monstrous minion who began to attack Arthur. Just before the Drowned could kill Arthur he was teleported away by Doctor Fate and brought to the Oblivion Bar where remaining heroes like the Flash and Green Lantern were taking refuge after they had been assaulted by evil versions of themselves.
Aquaman was then informed that an army of Demons led by Barbatos and his Dark Knights has invaded and that the Knights were probably looking for the Bar. Soon after this Superman and Wonder Woman arrived at the bar and the remaining heroes devised a plan in which Green Arrow said that only items made of Nth Metal could harm the creatures of the Dark Multiverse. The heroes then fled from the bar as the Dark Knights arrived, with Nightmaster sacrificing himself so everyone could escape. After this Aquaman and Deathstroke were tasked with finding a piece of Nth Metal in the Marianas Trench.
While searching for the Nth Metal, Cyborg attempted to create a link between the search teams for better coordination, however Aquaman was suddenly whisked through a portal to a nightmarish Batcave where the Drowned resided. After a brief struggle with the Drowned and the Dead Water-infected Mera, Arthur was captured and taken to the Cosmic Tuning Fork where the other members of the League had also been captured by their respective Nightmare Batmen. Barbatos intended to hook the League up to the Tuning fork which would provide enough energy to open a portal that would allow the full might of the Dark Multiverse to come forth. However after tapping into the full power of his Mother Box, Cyborg was able to break free the Justice League, the Resistance, and Raven, leaving the Teen Titans and Task Force X behind. From this Aquaman and Deathstroke continued their search. They traveled to the tomb of one of Atlantis' first Kings Arion in search of Nth Metal. There, he and Deathstroke were attacked by Black Manta who revealed he had allied with the Dark Knights. After a short amount of time Arthur and Deathstroke were defeated and captured by the Knights alongside other members of the resistance. At this point Barbatos was able to successfully drag the Multiverse down into the Dark Multiverse.
Shortly afterwards Arthur and the others broke free and began fighting back Barbatos' minions. They then began clearing a path for Wonder Woman to make her way up the mountain and kill Barbatos with Hawkman's Mace. Towards the end of the fight the Flash arrived with Batmen from around the Multiverse to face down Barbatos. At this point Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman emerged from the Forge of Existence with Tenth Metal. The trio then gave Tenth Metal to Arthur and Green Lantern while Doctor Fate freed the remaining heroes. Hawkman as the new guardian of the Forge battled Barbatos as the team defeated the Dark Knights, with Arthur killing the Drowned. The group came together and connected every mind in the Multiverse with their new powers. With the substantial might gained, the League dragged the Multiverse free of the Darkness and banished Barbatos to the Forge.
After the invasion the team gathered at Wayne Manor for a party where they discussed visions they had experienced while wearing the Tenth Metal, including visions of Atlantis rising once again. They also exchanged troubling words about the state their universe was in as the Source Wall had been broken during the conflict.
As the rebellion got underway, Aquaman was joined by Byss, King Shark and the Undercurrent movement in battling a contingent of the usurper king's Drift squadrons who were sent to purge the Ninth Tride. Aquaman soon lent his assistance when the necrotized Kadaver, who had been corrupted by the Abyssal Dark, similarly cursed the soldiers of the Drift, turning them into undead sea warriors. Arthur soon found himself assaulted by his former comrade Murk, whom sent the accursed Drift after what remained of the rebel movement.
The two got into a heated argument about the current state of affairs, with Murk arguing that everything in Atlantis had fallen apart because of Arthur's weak rule. While admitting he hated the way his former king ran the kingdom, Murk confessed that he purposely missed Arthur's vitals when he seemingly betrayed and killed him at Rath's ascent to the throne. He had hoped he would simply disappear and appease the corrupt council who had elected Atlantis' new king.
Instead of murdering his would be assailant, Aquaman chose to lend a helping hand; requesting his former confidant's aid in overthrowing Rath and his regime by using Murk's status as King's Guard Commander to sneak him into the palace as a prisoner of war. As Murk went off to assassinate the king, Arthur ran into Rath's right-hand Urcell fleeing the royal chamber having survived the vicious onslaught of the now hideously monstrous King Rath, who had been transformed by the power of the Abyssal Dark and slaughtered the council for their attempt to dethrone him. Rushing in at the last second, Aquaman saved Murk by engaging with the corrupted Rath. Aquaman was quickly overpowered by the abomination standing before him, even with his magical augmentations.
Murk soon aided Arthur but was grievously wounded in his attempt to save the former king's life. Seeing his ally's poor state of being, Arthur temporarily stunned the behemoth in order to escape with the wounded Murk. Back at the Widowhood's base of operations, Arthur was further chastised by the Reverend Mother Cetea for failing to take advantage of his weakened adversary's state and end Rath for good. Arthur argued that all of the magic in his ceremonial weapon still wasn't enough to deal with the Abyssal Dark-powered Rath, and lost hope in stopping him. Vulko and the rest of the Undercurrent returned to the fold having been backed by the spirits of former Atlantean elders and bringing the corrupted remains of Kadaver along with them.
Elder Null disclosed the full history of the power behind Corum Rath, and informed Aquaman and his allies that the Abyssal Dark entity was a negative byproduct of the Silent School's magical practice from the early days of Atlantis - a demon either born from or drawn by the first mystics of the lost continent, which sought to plague mankind and the world. Having sealed it away after a ferocious mystic war, it sent out a sirens call to those susceptible to its influence for centuries, eventually finding the Atlanteans' new monarch to be the perfect recipient.
Just as the past elders endowed Aquaman's trident with the remnants of their own protective magics, Rath started laying siege to the Tower of The Widowhood, as it was the foundation of the undersea capital. Knowing that if it were to fall all of Atlantis would crumble and die, Arthur moved out against his rival throne bearer. He was emboldened by the various enchantments bestowed upon his trident, but to no avail - the grotesque King Corum snapped Aquaman's ancestral keepsake like a twig. Having been cast aside by Rath, Arthur was soon met by Dolphin who had also been wounded by Rath when she tried to assist Arthur. Arthur apologized to Dolphin for failing to be the hero she wished him to be.
The fallen hero's hope was revitalized seeing Mera come into the fray backed by a Xebelian armada. Watching both his beloved and all of his friends fight side by side against Rath spurred Aquaman to stand back up and get into the fight. Arthur urged Dolphin to find cover and rescue everyone she could, before leaping into battle and plunging what was left of his broken trident right into the eye of Rath, driving the Abyssal Dark out of the tyrant monarch and leaving him more fish than man. As the Abyssal Dark died, it told Arthur that it was its magical influence that kept a tragedy from taking place.
As Mera closed in for the killing blow, Arthur instead used his marine telepathy to command Rath away into a deep crevice somewhere. Mera questioned what the Abyssal Dark had meant when it delivered its final words, and Arthur and Mera were soon jilted by violent earthquakes that had begun taking place just as everything began to calm down. Aquaman soon remembered back to when he and the Justice League fought back Barbatos and his Dark Knights. In saving the Multiverse using the Tenth Metal, Arthur subconsciously wished he could have a place to call home, one that was both of the land and of the sea much like himself. The reality-warping power of the Tenth Metal had caused his dream to become a reality, and Atlantis had risen from the depths to the surface.
Arthur waited down in the lower trides even after the continent's upheaval, not wanting to interfere with Mera's coronation as Atlantis' new queen. Arthur was approached by Vulko and revealed part of the reason he was staying out of the limelight was in anticipation for when the leaders of the land inevitably attempt a stealth attack to undermine the new queen and her country. This prediction was ultimately proven true when a surviving member of Rath's inner circle, Urcell, acted as a contact to Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad in a joint effort to depose Queen Mera and return Atlantis back to the ocean floor. Arthur became aware of these happenings through Murk; who still blamed him for raising their city, despite Arthur rebuffing the guard captain for aiding and abetting a madman who nearly destroyed it.
Despite their differences, Arthur implored Murk to keep him posted on the situation, but also to refrain from informing Mera about the incursion by the Suicide Squad in their midst. When the Queen of Atlantis eventually became aware of said events, she was furious that he had tried to sideline her in the situation, but they soon came to an agreement and moved on in finding their insurgents.
Aquaman and Mera were informed about the magically-augmented mini-nuke in the hands of Squad member, Lord Satanis. Though initially hesitant to his idea of calling up assistance from criminals in the Ninth Tride, Mera demanded her betrothed to gather an army of expendables and malcontents to address the situation, forming their own 'Suicide Squad' to confront the American black ops team. Arthur went to King Shark and his gang, and the crime boss was naturally antagonistic towards his former ally. However, when Aquaman mentioned Waller and her Suicide Squad's involvement, he willingly aided the former monarch in preempting their plans, knowing full well what his former employer and her task force was capable of.
Aquaman and his newfound allies were waysided by Satanis as his magical powers were jumped up to extraordinary levels by the magical power held within the Silent School. To cover his tracks as he attempted to finish the mission, the evil conjurer threw up a barrier that neither Arthur nor his own strike team could surpass. Unbeknownst to Satanis, Dolphin was on the other side of the barrier. The former monarch begged Dolphin not to engage Satanis and to let him take him on alone, but she gave him a tearful goodbye much to his heartbreak.
Aquaman and his team were able to penetrate the magical barrier thanks to Master Jailer's efforts. Aquaman managed to subdue Satanis before he could murder Dolphin, but with no real means of stopping the nuke, Carl sacrificed his life using one of the Core Vault's artifacts to seal its explosion. The team was able to avoid a calamity and thanks to Harley Quinn, Queen Mera was able to secure evidence of the real culprit behind the day's events.
Road to Drowned Earth
Having heard tell about the recent disappearance of the sea god Poseidon. Aquaman would reconvene at the Hall of Justice for a time with the rest of his colleges. He admits to feeling a bit lighter now that he no longer has the weight of the crown on his shoulders anymore, but now can't help but think he's a bit lost on what to do next.
Arthur tells Diana that growing up as a fishermen entailed a sense of exploration and discovery, only now that Cheetah and Black Manta have joined Lex Luthor's Legion of Doom. He doesn't know what to do next.
At a later time Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Firestorm follow up on a lead to their foes whereabouts to the Antarctic Circle. Where a powerful artifact known as the Key to the Graveyard of Gods supposedly lays buried.
Upon they're discovery however, the trio come under assault by an alien kraken-like entity which transforms the nuclear man into a half fish atrocity before dragging Arthur and Diana into it's mouth, disappearing scant moments later. The enchained marine protector is soon met by the Triumvirate of Sea Gods upon regaining consciousnesses. Initially cordial with the three deity's after they introduced themselves, they quickly revealed their true nature and intent to conquer Arthur's world with a vast interstellar fleet backed by the oceanic assimilative entity known as The Flood. All at the behaste of Black Manta, backed by Lex Luthor and the Legion of Doom.
From they're view of the universe at the Blood Reef, they taunt Arthur with images of the current happenings of Earth as their extraterrestrial assault drowns the planet. Causing much of it's population to change into mind controlled merman like monstrosities, including the denizens of Atlantis.
As he watched the travesty that befell his former kingdom, that's still befalling his beloved Mera whom he'd relinquished the crown too unfold. The vengeful goddess Admiral Tyyde uses his wife's distress as a means to siphon the Life Force from Arthur before suffusing it to her pirate Emissary David. Just as Aquaman was about to be thrown into the Charybdo Vortex by the ocean gods, Wonder Woman swoops in on a cosmic dingy backed by an alien fauna form called Asteria. The two conversed for a bit about a way to defeat the Ocean Lords Arthur suggested seeking out and rescuing Poseidon from the Graveyard in order to get his powers back.
Diana spoke against such a coarse of action as A, they were needed back home in order to stem the tide. And B, because the gods were never trustworthy to start with; taking her lifetime as an Amazon for experience.
And she was worried about how eager he'd become to use his powers to strike the invading deities down instead of deferring to a more diplomatic solution than opting to use violence in order to solve problems, something Wonder Women felt was out of character for her wayfaring colleague. But relented when her friend admitted to feeling he'd spent too much looking out to the wild blue yonder while ignoring what was going on around him. Having made it to the graveyard where Poseidon was enchained, they fought their way through one of it's final guardians before reaching their goal.
Instead of dying at the end of his trident however, Arthur was instead sent to a quasi-psychic plane where souls of the departed inevitably intertwined across the universe.
A place known as the Dead Sea where the mariner would trek across the blood tinged waters alongside the spirit of his father. As they made they're way to they're desired destination, Arthur and Thomas would come across old memories in the form of adversaries he'd battled throughout his life.
All the while he was aided by the voice of the oceans as Arthur made his way towards the end of his journey.
He eventually regains that which he lost with all the tragedies suffered along his recent tragedies. The loss of hope for the future, with that regained Arthur returned to the land of the living with renewed purpose and resolve. Intent on saving his world from the Triumvirate and they're combined navy. Upon his revival Arthur lashed out at Poseidon before retelling him of his former domains plight.
It was then that Poseidon revealed the truth to him, about how the sea gods were not the vainglorious invaders the history of Atlantis had made them out to be. But were in fact eager individuals whom graciously accepted the call placed by sorcerer king and noble explorer Arion, when he created and used the Clarion powered by the Life Force given to him by Atlantis's patron deity. Poseidon went onto say that it was his fault they became conquerors in the first place, as the diminutive ocean monarch grew fearful and jealous of these foreign lords. Having tricked Arion into believing them savage predators looking to enslave his world and it's people.
Going onto say such a decision led to the former leader of men turning his calling conch into an armament by creating an abominable artillery form using the opposite power of life. Thus begetting the Tear of Extinction.
Though dying in the attempt Arion had succeeded in killing his would be like-minds and casting them into divine inferno. A grave mistake Poseidon has regretted carrying with him for thousands of years. Having impaled Arthur on his trident, Poseidon hoped to charge Arthur with enough Life energy in order to reestablish his link to the cosmic power that once linked him to the sea. But because Admiral Tyyde stripped him of that power, such a route is currently barred.
As the Graveyard began to collapse as the destruction of its key, Poseidon relinquished his trident onto the ocean monarch. Instructing him to channel it's minor Life Force connection to that of the Death Force within the Tear of Extinction.
Before the godly underworld had dissipated completely. Arthur and Wonder Woman climbed aboard the Skiff's belonging to the Triumvirate's armada, Poseidon opted to stay behind in order to aid in their escape. And face oblivion as penance for his harmful actions. He gave out one final gust of hurricane winds in order to send them off, straight back to Earth before dying off for good.
Racing back to Earth with all due haste they can muster, just as Manta and the Ocean Lords had beset upon whats left of the Justice League at Arion's Tomb. After having dispatched a Flood tainted Giganta, Arthur and Diana welcome Mera, Superman and The Flash aboard their commandeered fleet vessel as they readied for final battle.
They were handed special sea faring garments which would protect them all from the Sea Gods magic. Arthur told them how they can stop the Triumvirate but still held reservations against it.
Conveying to his wife about how Poseidon lied to Arion, how history lied about everything. That the calamity they all face was brought on by the foolish few's misguided actions born out of paranoia and arrogance. Arthur states that they must try to reason with the Ocean Lords rather than resort to killing them again with the combined Life & Death Forces. And in order to do that, Arthur reveals a secret about the city's structure.
The tales of Atlantean towers which had been constructed for the purpose of breaching any barrier set against it, including one set up by a mystically divine blockade.
Just as they'ed finished formulating a plan, Commander Drogue began to summon his final resort in order to kill the Justice League and the whole of planet Earth. The Death Kraken; polar opposite to it's sibling species was beginning to rear it's tentacles through it's own portal.
Out of time and out of options Mera made Arthur promise her that he would do what needed to be done. And once the tear and the trident were fully charged with they're respective energies, he would use them both to kill the Sea God's dead. Meanwhile Wonder Woman would venture to the Earth's core and activate the mechanism found used to activate the tower launch, back on the surface Arthur tried fruitlessly to reach out to the Ocean Lords in order to rekindle Arion's message of unity. But to no avail, as Drogue began to call down the Kraken's toxic coils to the seas of the globe. Intending to bring endless death to the biosphere and everything on it.
Diana had succeeded in activating the Towers thanks to help from Batman in an Lexo Warsuit. After breaking through the blockade Arthur & Mera made their way to the Ocean God's flagship while the rest of the league dealt with their fleet.
Aquaman would attempt to broker peace one more time before a tentacle of the Death Kraken came crashing through they're escort vessel.
Flash saved them at the last second even though he was still fighting his conversion into another fishman, fearing the worst for his bride. As Arthur coaxed his stunned wife back to full consciousness, she came too admitting that her bloodthirsty nature had been amplified by the necrotic Death Force in hand. But his telepathic message did in fact reach her secret heart of hearts, reminding her of a story about Atlantis's towers her father told her as a kid.
She would hand Arthur the Clarion so he could fully convert the death energy into life energy again.
On the hope that they could use it in order to reach out and humanize the Ocean Lords again like Arthur wanted from the beginning. After doing so, Arthur Curry handed the Clarion back to Mera as he was no longer King of Atlantis. Meaning it was down to her to caste out Arion's vision of the future where every interconnected thing across the cosmos came together as one. To everyone's surprise the gable worked and the Triumvirate leashed the Death Kraken for a breife moment, giving Arthur and Mera the opportunity to make peace as Arion intended before Poseidon despoiled it. offering them his trident, which carried the power of Life within, the Ocean lords mused over such actions by those whom they sought to destroy. Nearly calling off their assault on the Earthers world until Manta intervened, killing one of the sea gods and stealing his Bone Crown to take control of the Kraken himself.
Much to everyone's surprise, shock and ultimate horror. Manta had laced his weaponry with necro fluid garnered from the Tear of Extinction, boasting he was now the new god of the seas just as he'd attempted to do in Tyyde and Gall.
Although he was unable to save the former, Arthur managed to protect Admiral Tyyde due to his Life Force power canceling out the the tear's effects. Avoiding outright death and saving his former assailants life. Manta blasted the royal couple off of his fleet barge but the remaining ocean lord managed to restore his power over the Life Force at the last second. Though initially boastful about Arthur's chances, David scoffed at the notion. Jesting about what good talking to fish would do his enemy at this stage, Arthur returns boasting a rather bold retort with an army at his back. Saying such as every hero on earth is part fish now.
The two battled it out while the League does they're best to stop the Kraken. But when the self proclaimed lord attempts to control it in order to deal with Aquaman once and for all, he finds to his horror that he cannot.
Tyyde mentions that in his folly, Manta failed to realize that only Drogue had the power to control the Space Kraken species. But even with the crown Manta had taken off of the dead god's corpse, her former compatriot had difficulty controlling the beast. Manta has no control over it whatsoever and the Death kraken will raze and poison and consume everything in it's path, starting with Earth and it's would-be master. In one last act of heroism; Aquaman charted a new coarse for manta's barge, straight into the leviathan's mouth. He'd surmised that the Kraken is charged with the Death Force and since he carries its opposing force, Aquaman can use the life energy he has to destroy it by flying at the bloated thing. Mera pleaded with him not to go through with this, but he refrained. Even going against her decree as Queen of Atlantis to see his final bout through to it's end. In his last moments on Earth; Aquaman remembered back to his childhood when he would fish alongside his father. Back then he often wondered if there were other uncharted waters out there to explore, only to hear his father say there are plenty. The last thing he remembers hearing is that the best ones are the ones people cannot see.
Call of the Gods
What should've been the end of the former sea king was staved off by an intervention of fate. Mobius the Anti-Monitor had managed to pluck Aquaman from the jaws of death in order to enlist the mariner in the battle against his mother Perpetua and her Legion of Doom.
After the celestial sent him back to Earth, Arthur would first meet back up with his beloved Mera without the knowledge of the world at large. He would soon become fearful of the news she'd imparted to him about her maternity and opted to leave shortly after hearing it. Upon his refusal to heed her command in staying however, the Atlantean Queen outright murders him in a fit of rage. Jettisoning her love into the afterlife once again.
Found adrift upon another shore. Arthur; now going by the name Arusio, was welcomed to the remote island home of a gaggle of lost denizens located out in the middle of nowhere called Unspoken Water.
They would all trade stories about who they were and what life was like before coming to live there from time to time. Something which was difficult for Arusio due to having lost his memories from his transition to the Sphere of Gods. One night while Caille; the young maiden who found him and nursed him back to full health, was doing ceremonial dance to appease an angry ocean. She was almost swept up by the tide, Arusio moved in order to save her and the waters parted around the two of them in front of everyone who was present.
He would inquire as to just who and what he is to them, but Wee simply danced around the question rather than provide a straight answer, the old matron not really knowing the answer either. Time would come amongst the islander community to share they're true names and greater history. When the time came for their newest tenant to take a turn, the fire they sat around exploded in a bright green flare.
Shortly afterward, Tang, Mann and Agwé come for Arthur and plunge him into the sea surrounding Unspoken Water. As he washed back up on the shore, Caille would approach Arthur with the intent of visiting her mother. Agaisnt better judgement of coarse.
As a young man Arthur Curry was a very social person, having a collective group of friends in school. However this was shattered when his father died as he fled from his life and everybody he knew. As Arthur traversed the world looking for Atlantis he began to harbor a lot of hatred for humans as he felt like an outcast; this hatred grew when he found Atlantis and was fed anti-human propaganda by the Atlanteans. When he fled Atlantis because he didn't want the responsibility which came with being King, Arthur became the superhero Aquaman and his faith in humanity was restored by the good people he met across the seas.
Soon after becoming Aquaman, Arthur met Mera and they soon fell in love; this made Arthur a happier man and gave him someone to open up to. When he became King again Aquaman became a lot more serious, rarely stopping to have any form of fun. His dedication to Atlantis gave him little room for a social life so his only friends were the Justice League and his old friend from school. Arthur never truly opened up to anyone besides Mera, only ever confiding in her. Though normally a calm and introspective man, when provoked Arthur can be possessed by a great rage.
Relationship with Allies
- Tula: Even though Tula is Arthur's step-sister she still usually treats him in a very formal way, leaving very little space for bonding. However while spending time with her away from her duties in The Drift she tends to be a lot more open. After becoming Arthur's regent she becomes a lot more loyal and informal with Arthur.
- Vulko: Before he staged the war between the surface world and Atlantis Arthur was very friendly to Vulko, treating him like an old family friend as he was grateful for everything he had done for him and his mother. However Arthur viewed Vulko as a traitor to him and Atlantis once he staged the war, even though Vulko did it to put Arthur back on the throne. Arthur would often begrudgingly visit Vulko in his prison cell to seek knowledge as he knew Vulko was still loyal to him.
- Atlanna: Arthur had little memory of his mother as a child, instead he grew up hoping that his mother was still out there. When Orm told him that their mother was dead he was distraught. Years later when he was faced with the possibility of his mother's survival he stopped at nothing to get her back. When Arthur met Atlanna she originally viewed him as an impostor, however he was able to convince her in the end and Aquaman left her feeling good about what his mother had become.
- Commander Murk: When Arthur became King of Atlantis again after the war with the surface, Murk was one of the soldiers closely associated with Arthur. Murk would often share his xenophobic opinions on the surface world with Arthur which greatly irritated him. He would also talk often about how he believed Orm was a greater King then Arthur ever would be. However as time progressed Arthur and Murk grew to respect one another; Murk even went as far to let Aquaman go against King Corum's orders.
- People of Amnesty Bay: A great many people of Amnesty Bay dislike Arthur for the trouble he's caused them, however they maintain an odd relationship with him as they tend to cover for their hometown hero when people come looking for him. Due to it being his home for a large portion of his life, most of Arthur's friends live in Amnesty Bay as he keeps a professional relationship with the Atlanteans. He occasionally attends town events, such as an annual sea festival and a school reunion, though he usually has to be pushed to do this. He tends to deal with people he's familiar with like Erika Watson: a childhood friend on the force, and Jenifer Posey who looks after Arthur and Mera's pet dog Salty.
- Sea Gods of the World: After losing his memories and washing up on the shores of Unspoken Water, Arthur would meet and befriend an odd group of islanders whom make their home there.They even gave him a new name as he'd forgotten his own identity when he was sent to them by the oceans. It eventually comes to Arthur's attention that his welcoming patrons are actually sea gods of old whom were also sent to the isle as penance for their pride and disrespect of the seas. They would later aid him in dealing with a rogue member of their community, later revealed to be the mother of them all, by helping him regain a little but of his lost memories while asking him to deliver Namma's daughter to them. Later coming to his side to do battle with the ancient deity after he reminded them that they used to be gods and paragons of the oceans. Through use of his unique gifts Arausio/Arthur managed to free them from Mother Salt's form, restoring them to their initial god states as well as accepting him as an oceanic protector much like themselves.
- The Others: Arthur puts on a rough exterior when around the Others. The team as a whole were his only allies after his father's death for a time, and as such has very strong feelings for each member of team- viewing them all as his friends. In their original get together Arthur was de-facto leader of the team and was very hateful towards humans, not caring if they lived or died. However after meeting Mera and becoming a hero Aquaman became a much more empathetic person- something that several members of the team disagreed on.
- Atlanteans: Arthur and the Atlanteans have a very unstable relationship. They respect him for his love of the oceans and his warrior prowess. However many in Atlantis disrespect him for his love of the surface world, believing Arthur favors the land dwellers over his own people. They also dislike the fact that he doesn't wear his crown as they believe it shows that he doesn't value his heritage. All of these factors led to the Atlantean people deposing Arthur and favoring Corum Rath. Likewise, Arthur feels just as disenchanted by his ungrateful and hardheaded people as they are of him. Feeling that many of them are bigoted, paranoid and distrusting to almost unconscionable extremes. Being fully aware of the existing cruel many among his subjects being adamant bigots and xenophobes eager to brutalize those whom are different from them; be it surfacer or fellow mariner, that're so tied down by superstition and obstructive traditionalism that none of them will ever be at peace with the world around them. Because they are so stubborn as to hold onto the fear in order to remain stuck in the past instead of letting go of it in order to embrace the future. Hence why he never truly wanted the Atlantean Throne in the first place. The people of the lower trides have a more positive opinion on Aquaman as he values them, unlike those of the higher trides and many of his predecessors who ruled them.
- Ya'Wara: During his time in the Others Aquaman formed a bond with his teammate Ya'Wara. Ya'Wara was attracted to his violent personality and the pair held a telepathic connection with each other. The pair split at the same time the Others disbanded as the team was the only reason they were together. Years later Ya'Wara showed discontent at Arthur's change in personality but still initially tried to rekindle their relationship, which Arthur turned down because of his commitment to his girlfriend Mera.
- Mera: Although Mera was originally tasked with assassinating Arthur she couldn't go through with it due to his good heart. The pair formed an instant connection with one another and they soon fell in love. Mera would go on to fully commit her life to Arthur by abandoning her kingdom and moving to Amnesty Bay where she lived with Arthur in his lighthouse. Arthur taught Mera the customs of the surface world as best he could as he believed that she should feel comfortably with her new life. Upon his return to the throne of Atlantis Mera showed disdain for their new life on several occasions, even going as far as to temporarily leave him due to role. When Mera was going through the trials of the Widowhood they foresaw that Arthur would die and Mera would become the tyrant queen, sinking the surface world, this put strain on the relationship between the pair as Mera felt that if she got too close to Arthur she would create chaos. When Mera was prophesized to become the Queen of Atlantis the pair had to put their relationship on hold while they figured out their places in the world.
- Caille: A human woman hosting the demonic god spawn of Namma within her being, Caille first met Arthur; then going by Andy, after he'd washed up on her island home within the Sphere of the Gods. She initially wanted to name him after the Celtic Deity, Arausio, but was outvoted by many of the other island goers who she lived with. The two would often hang around each other a lot as Arthur often found a kindred spirit within Caille for being an outsider whom has next to no one to relate too in life.
- Dolphin: Dolphin found herself and her fellow outcasts being harassed by The Drift. Forced to reveal her mutation, Arthur came to their aid and she's stood by his side ever since. Having been able to deduce the former king's identity long before Crush had captured and interrogated them, Dolphin chose to stick with Arthur in the hopes that he would take back Atlantis from its cruel usurper. Serving with Arthur in dethroning the mad king Rath, Dolphin was there to spur him on in deposing the monstrous usurper and purging him of the Abyssal Dark, right up to when Atlantis was raised. Dolphin admitted to an unrequited love for Arthur when the traitor Urcell brought the Suicide Squad into Atlantis in order to sink it.
- Atlantean Hybridized Physiology: Like most Atlanteans, Arthur Curry is an offshoot homo sapien who is biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. For most Atlanteans, this means they can breathe underwater, endure the pressures of the deep (among other adaptations), and can only spend a very limited time out of water. However due to either Aquaman's hybrid nature or his royal heritage, he possesses a number of traits others of his mother's side of the species do not; for instance he can spend an elongated time on dry land with little ill effect and is shown to be 20–50 times stronger, faster, tougher and more or less tireless compared to others of his race. Also akin to other amphibian life is his ability to not only function indefinitely within water but to easily withstand the crushing depths of the ocean deep, as well as the harsh environment of the sea itself. These powers make Arthur among other things a super-Atlantean as well as superhuman.
- Superhuman Durability: Tough enough to resist small arms fire with minor injury, the teeth of most trench dwellers break upon contact with his body. He survived an RPG blowing in his face and can thrive in the darkest, deepest bowels of the ocean deep suffering no discomfort. He even lived through falling back to Earth after being launched into orbit by Mera, coming back down hard on top of a sea monsters head, without injury.
- Superhuman Stamina: Aquaman is able to function much longer than any human, without tiring or becoming weak.
- Superhuman Senses: Aquaman's senses are several times more acute than human capacity; he once even heard a police siren from several miles away.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Aquaman's reflexes are heightened to levels far beyond that of any human.
- Superhuman Speed: Arthur is phenomenally fast be it while running or swimming. In the sea he was able to outrace a spy plane owned by The Operative which can travel up to speeds of Mach 5.
- Superhuman Strength: Aquaman's super-Atlantean status enables him to lift insurmountable amounts of weight, for instance towing around fishing boats while tidal waves were crashing down upon them. He is capable of knocking the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman several dozen feet away with singular blows, lifting a 160000 ton Sea Liner barehanded, and lifting and throwing a sunken cargo ship. Some of his greatest feats of might include pushing a tectonic plate over the entrance to the trench's lair, the heft of which is roughly 4.0678242e+22 kg. or 44 quintillion metric tons, and matching the legendary Hercules blow for blow.
- Accelerated Healing: Aquaman is able to recover from wounds far quicker then any human. It took him a matter of days to recover from his fight with the Shaggy Man.
- Enhanced Senses: Arthur's senses are similarly enhanced beyond the regular human norm, he can see perfectly fine in the pitch black abyss of an oceanic trench as well as hear things from a good distance away even while deep beneath the ocean line.
- Latent Magic: Aquaman has the underlying potentiality to cast and manipulate arcanum. Normally he needs an item of power through which he can channel these abilities; like an imperial polearm of national design. An effect which is usually accompanied with a bright golden glow in his eyes, but at times he's been able to use such talents even without his ceremonial trident. Indicating this power is more innate than reliant on a channeling apparatus.
- Life Force Connection: Aquaman has access to one of the seven hidden forces of reality related to the life-giving powers of the oceans themselves. This gives him access to a great many undisclosed abilities the likes of which he has yet to access on his own. Through the Life Force, Arthur is connected to all living beings as he is to the life giving waters which they spring from. Enabling the established supernatural link to any and all sentient entities throughout the cosmos and back towards earth.
- Marine Telepathy: While popular belief is often debated about Aquaman talking to fish or other aquatic fauna. He can 'Hear' the voice of the sea and 'Communicate' with its many denizens living within it along with those who spring from it. Being capable of sending out worldwide telepathic broadcasts with ease, and when necessary. Across space & time beyond mere oceanic psychic ability. Something Arthur has been able to do since when he was very young. He was able to assume control over the mind of the great sea Leviathan Topo but with extreme levels of difficulty as the stress of such an act left him comatose for six months. It seems Aquaman has developed better control over his power as commanding Topo to sunder a dreadnought from Thule wasn't as difficult as it used to be.
- Transformation: Through his use of the Life Force, Arthur could restore fallen gods to their divine selves once again. Even revitalizing them after they'd been subsumed into the primordial goddess Mother Salt. He could also use his powers to keep a divine beast from overtaking Caille's body and mind, enabling her to assume it's power without losing herself to it.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Politics: As a former King Arthur is an adept politician.
- Master Swimmer
- Diplomacy: Arthur succeeded in stopping two wars between Atlantis and the surface.
- Weaponry: Aquaman is highly sufficient in the use of multi-pronged polearms.
- Leadership: Arthur is the successful ruler of 70% of the World for a time.
- Multilingualism: Arthur can speak some Polynesian.
- Dehydration: Aquaman dehydrates at a rate greater than an average human.
- Shell of Sounds: Given to him by his mother. A relic that can contain recorded memories and dialog from the user, in order to convey their memories to future generations.
- Tenth Metal Armor (Formerly): During his final battle with the Dark Knights and Barbatos, Aquaman and other members of the Justice League were gifted with suits of armor made from the element of creation itself. The Tenth Metal enables the changing and reshaping of all reality. Using the Element X armor, all of Arthur's natural powers were greatly bolstered. Tenth Metal can also change and morph its physical shape as well as bring the wearer's thoughts and desires into reality. Arthur wearing the Tenth Metal armor caused Atlantis to rise out of the ocean into open air, as this was something he subconsciously wished for.
- Trident of Poseidon: A divine blessing bestowed upon him by its previous wielder Poseidon. The trident given to Arthur blessed him with a host of mystical powers and enchantments as a means to help him battle the invading force known as the Thule. He eventually sacrificed it in order to destroy the encroachment of dimensions, but has been lent a replacement by the gods since then. He put this to full use in the League's war against the mad god Rao, conjuring a massive tidal wave teaming with sea horses. Arthur was gifted the relic by Poseidon once again when the vengeful Triumvirate of Sea Gods, who were wronged by the sea god millennia ago, came to drown the world.
- Divine Empowerment: After receiving the blessing and trident from the Olympian God of the seas, Poseidon, Aquaman gained various mystical powers.
- Weather Manipulation: Aquaman states control over the storm, rain, wind, thunder, and lightning was bestowed upon him.
- Electrokinesis: Aquaman was capable of summoning bolts of lightning from his trident.
- Hydrokinesis: Through both his blessings and the Trident given to him, Arthur was able to bend and manipulate water around himself for various purposes.
- Cryokinesis: Aquaman was able to use his trident to summon large icicles from the ground, and freeze an Atlantean by grabbing him.
- Thule Magic Resilience: With the blessing he received from Poseidon, Aquaman was granted a degree of defense against magic, most prominently the magic of Thule users.
- Bane Field Manipulation: Even before receiving Poseidon's gifts Arthur showed a limited capacity to bend the poisonous aura of Thule realm structures.
- Flight: By Poseidon's blessings, Arthur could fly unaided.
- Divine Empowerment: After receiving the blessing and trident from the Olympian God of the seas, Poseidon, Aquaman gained various mystical powers.
- Aquaman was created by Mort Weisinger and Paul Norris, originally appearing in the 1941 issue More Fun Comics #73. The version of Aquaman seen in Prime Earth continuity was created by Geoff Johns, originally published in Aquaman (Volume 7) #1 as part of The New 52.
- Aquaman (Arthur Curry) appears as Aquaman (Prime) a playable character in the Infinite Crisis video game.
- At some point in the past, Arthur had a harpoon hand.
- Aquaman (Volume 7)
- Aquaman (Volume 8)
- Aquaman and the Others (Volume 1)
- Justice League (Volume 2)
- Justice League (Volume 3)
- Appearances of Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
- 1 Images featuring Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
- Quotations by or about Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
- Character Gallery: Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
- Aquaman at dccomics.com
- Aquaman at Wikipedia.org
- Aquaman at Wikipedia.org
- Aquaman at Comic Book Database
- Aquaman at TV Tropes
- The Aquaman Shrine
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Aquaman (Volume 8) #25
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #49
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Aquaman (Volume 8) #43
- ↑ Secret Origins (Volume 3) #2
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #0
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #8
- ↑ Secret Origins (Volume 3) #5
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #3
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Justice League (Volume 2) #4
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #5
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Justice League (Volume 2) #6
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #28
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Titans Hunt #
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 Aquaman (Volume 7) #1
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #2
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #5
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #7
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #10
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #13
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #7
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #8
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 Justice League (Volume 2) #9
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Justice League (Volume 2) #10
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 Justice League (Volume 2) #11
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 Justice League (Volume 2) #12
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #13
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #14
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #16
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #17
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #21
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #22
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #23
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #25
- ↑ Aquaman Annual (Volume 7) #1
- ↑ Aquaman and the Others #1
- ↑ Aquaman and the Others #3
- ↑ Aquaman and the Others #5
- ↑ Aquaman and the Others #6
- ↑ Aquaman and the Others #7
- ↑ Aquaman and the Others #11
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #18
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #20
- ↑ 43.0 43.1 Justice League (Volume 2) #22
- ↑ Justice League of America (Volume 3) #6
- ↑ Justice League of America (Volume 3) #7
- ↑ Justice League Dark #23
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 Justice League (Volume 2) #24
- ↑ Justice League of America (Volume 3) #13
- ↑ Justice League of America (Volume 3) #9
- ↑ Forever Evil #7
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #30
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #32
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 Justice League (Volume 2) #33
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #34
- ↑ 55.0 55.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #30
- ↑ Aquaman Annual (Volume 7) #2
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #31
- ↑ Swamp Thing (Volume 5) #32
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #32
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #33
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #34
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #35
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #37
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #38
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #40
- ↑ 66.0 66.1 66.2 Aquaman (Volume 7) #41
- ↑ 67.0 67.1 67.2 67.3 67.4 67.5 Aquaman (Volume 7) #42
- ↑ 68.0 68.1 68.2 68.3 68.4 Aquaman (Volume 7) #43
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #47
- ↑ 70.0 70.1 70.2 Aquaman (Volume 7) #48
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #49
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #52
- ↑ Justice League of America #1
- ↑ Justice League of America #2
- ↑ Justice League of America #6
- ↑ Justice League of America #7
- ↑ Justice League of America #8
- ↑ Justice League of America #9
- ↑ Justice League of America #10
- ↑ DC Universe Rebirth #1
- ↑ Aquaman: Rebirth #1
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #1
- ↑ 83.0 83.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #2
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #3
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #5
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #6
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #7
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #8
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #9
- ↑ 90.0 90.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #11
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #12
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #13
- ↑ 93.0 93.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #14
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #15
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #18
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #19
- ↑ 97.0 97.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #20
- ↑ 98.0 98.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #21
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #22
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #23
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #24
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #26
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #27
- ↑ 104.0 104.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #29
- ↑ 105.0 105.1 105.2 Aquaman (Volume 8) #30
- ↑ 106.0 106.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #31
- ↑ 107.0 107.1 107.2 Aquaman (Volume 8) #32
- ↑ 108.0 108.1 108.2 108.3 108.4 Aquaman (Volume 8) #33
- ↑ New Super-Man #17
- ↑ New Super-Man #18
- ↑ Dark Days: The Forge #1
- ↑ 112.0 112.1 112.2 Dark Nights: Metal #1
- ↑ Dark Nights: Metal #2
- ↑ Batman: The Drowned #1
- ↑ 115.0 115.1 115.2 115.3 Dark Nights: Metal #3
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 5) #33
- ↑ Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #32
- ↑ 118.0 118.1 Justice League (Volume 3) #33
- ↑ Dark Nights: Metal #4
- ↑ Dark Nights: Metal #5
- ↑ 121.0 121.1 121.2 121.3 121.4 Dark Nights: Metal #6
- ↑ 122.0 122.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #35
- ↑ 123.0 123.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #36
- ↑ 124.0 124.1 124.2 Aquaman (Volume 8) #37
- ↑ 125.0 125.1 125.2 125.3 125.4 Aquaman (Volume 8) #38
- ↑ 126.0 126.1 Suicide Squad (Volume 5) #45
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #39
- ↑ 128.0 128.1 128.2 Suicide Squad (Volume 5) #46
- ↑ 129.0 129.1 129.2 Aquaman (Volume 8) #40
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #41
- ↑ 131.0 131.1 131.2 Justice League/Aquaman: Drowned Earth #1
- ↑ 132.0 132.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #42
- ↑ 133.0 133.1 133.2 133.3 133.4 Aquaman/Justice League: Drowned Earth #1
- ↑ 134.0 134.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #49
- ↑ 135.0 135.1 135.2 Aquaman (Volume 8) #44
- ↑ 136.0 136.1 136.2 Aquaman (Volume 8) #45
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #24
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 8) #46
- ↑ 139.0 139.1 Aquaman (Volume 8) #47
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #26
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #11
- ↑ 142.0 142.1 Justice League (Volume 2) #17
- ↑ 143.0 143.1 Aquaman (Volume 7) #4
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #29
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 4) #10
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 3) #34
- ↑ Secret Origins (Volume 3) #5
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #50
- ↑ Justice League of America (Volume 4) #10
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 4) #12
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #44
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #46
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.