"The World Around Them": A school of hungry sharks bears down on Aquaman and a group of Atlantean children. Aquaman tries to communicate with the sharks via telepathy, but they are not responding to his commands. Instead, he is forced t
- We must protect Poseidonis. They are defenseless. They have never lived with the sea as we have... the magics be with us... we will save them. We will prevail.
- — Iqula
Appearing in "The World Around Them"
- Echson Krystal
- General Keerg (First appearance)
- King Firtf (Ruler of Tritonis) (First appearance)
- L'Par Krystal
- Merd (a Tritonian) (First appearance)
- Ritar (a Tritonian) (First appearance)
- S'Ona (Iqula's wife) (First appearance)
- Tyrn Krystal
- Martina Mericloinka (a Russian ambassador) (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The World Around Them"
A school of hungry sharks bears down on Aquaman and a group of Atlantean children. Aquaman tries to communicate with the sharks via telepathy, but they are not responding to his commands. Instead, he is forced to fight them off, while securing the children inside the old Aquacave.
Poseidonis is not the only Atlantean city with shark problems. In Tritonis, the warrior known as Iqula kills a shark, then berates another Tritonian for leaving an injured man behind. He brings his concerns to King Firtf, who tells him that the war in Poseidonis has brought sharks to both cities. Though Iqula shares no lover for the citizens of Poseidonis, he petitions King Firtf to provide them aid.
At the hospital, Doctor Diade administers care to Vulko who was injured during the Oumlandian attack on the city. Vulko awakens, but his memory is faulty. He believes that Aquaman is still the king of Atlantis.
In Tritonis, King Firtf feels that Poseidonis is vulnerable and ripe for conquest. He orders Iqula to lead the army to take the city. Iqula believes that they must save the Poseidonians from themselves, and the only means to do so is by taking control of them.
Doctor Diade travels to the Aquacave to update Aquman on Vulko's condition. She tries to bolster Aquman's self-esteem, citing that Atlantis needs him now more than ever. An Atlantean soldier, General Keerg, arrives and informs them that the Tritonian army is amassing for an attack.
- General Keerg was referenced in the previous issue, but makes his first actual appearance in this issue.
- First appearance of Iqula and S'Ona, who will become supporting characters in Aquaman (Volume 5).
- Martina Mericloinka's name will be revealed in the next issue.
- Editor Kevin Dooley is credited as "Sea King" in this issue.
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 4 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 4 3
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Aquaman (Volume 1)
- Aquaman (Volume 2)
- Aquaman (Volume 3)
- Aquaman (Volume 4)
- Aquaman (Volume 5)
- Aquaman (Volume 6)
- Aquaman (Volume 7)
- Aquaman (Volume 8)
- Aquaman and the Others (Volume 1)
- Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis (Volume 1)
- Aquaman: Time and Tide (Volume 1)
- Atlantis Chronicles (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)