"American Tidal (Part II of VI)": A large crowd has gathered near the shore of what was formerly part of the city of San Diego to listen to Aquaman as he informs them about the boy who crawled out of the water from the ruins of the submerged c
- The water is the only place I can completely relax.
- -- Aquaman
Appearing in "American Tidal (Part II of VI)"
- Chris (Single appearance)
- Mister Marquez (First appearance)
- Mrs. Marquez (First appearance)
Synopsis for "American Tidal (Part II of VI)"
A large crowd has gathered near the shore of what was formerly part of the city of San Diego to listen to Aquaman as he informs them about the boy who crawled out of the water from the ruins of the submerged city, indicating that there might be many other survivors of the disaster. Aquaman then reveals that somehow, the victims of the accident have developed the ability to breathe underwater, but have lost the ability to breathe air, which resulted in the kid's death. While Aquaman is talking, a girl from the submerged ruins of San Diego comes to the surface after she recovered her consciousness a few moments prior. Aquaman acts fast and swims towards the girl, who is struggling to stay on the surface, while Aquaman pulls her down to prevent her death. At that moment, Aquaman makes telepathic contact with Martian Manhunter, who teleports Aquaman and the girl to the Justice League Watchtower on the moon. J'onn and Aquaman place the girl on a special water tank, which calms her down and allows them to take a moment to recover.
Aquaman takes off towards his headquarters on the Watchtower and tries to get a relaxing moment after the events. However, he is unable to rest as he starts dreaming about the thousands of corpses submerged underwater until he is awoken by J'onn. Martian informs Aquaman that they can now learn something from the girl, who has been identified as Lorena. Before they go to her, Aquaman let his frustration take over him and tells Martian about his unconformity with having to be in a base of operations located so far away from his natural environment.
After Aquaman recovers his temper, the two of them go to Lorena, who is still asleep underwater and Martian uses his telepathic powers to breach inside her mind while also allowing Aquaman to see. J'onn goes to her last memory of the day when the disaster took place. Lorena was going on a date with a man called Chris to the Zoo, when suddenly the entire place was buried under water, leaving only death and despair. However, as Martian keeps reaching into her mind, he is able to see that after they were submerged, some people died underwater, but there were also many more people who survived and after Aquaman learns this, he is determined to go back and rescue any of the survivors that are still underwater.
- This book was first published on March 17, 2004.
- No special notes.
- In Aquaman (Volume 6) #26, Lorena Marquez adopts the mantle of Aquagirl. She wears a variation of Aquaman's old camouflage costume.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 6 16 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 6 16
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Aquaman (Volume 1)
- Aquaman (Volume 2)
- Aquaman (Volume 3)
- Aquaman (Volume 4)
- Aquaman (Volume 5)
- Aquaman (Volume 6)
- Aquaman (Volume 7)
- Aquaman (Volume 8)
- Aquaman and the Others (Volume 1)
- Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis (Volume 1)
- Aquaman: Time and Tide (Volume 1)
- Atlantis Chronicles (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)