- The ocean's a pretty big place, buddy. There're things out there you can't even begin to imagine.
- -- Tom Curry
Appearing in "The Trench: Part Three"
- Aquaman (Flashback and main story)
- Atlanna (Mentioned only)
- Beachrock Police Department
- Deputy Sheriff Wilson
- Officer Gladstone
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Navy
Synopsis for "The Trench: Part Three"
Arthur recalls his dad watching the sun rise from a pier. Shedding a tear, Tom wishes that Atlanna, Arthur's mother, could be here and see how much Arthur has grown. Arthur comes to his father and asks him why does he come to the pier every sunrise, and Tom replies that he wants to be there when his mother returns.
In the present, Aquaman and Mera continue fighting The Trench. The largest of the pack screams in their strange language to "bring food home" and the Trench begin to retreat back into the ocean with several of the civilians from the shore. Aquaman and Mera wonder where are the Trench going and investigate the cocoon the Trench made. Aquaman opens it revealing a dog. A wounded Trench appears, but is quickly shot to death by local police. The military tries to take the body for study, but Aquaman and Mera take the body and leave.
Aquaman and Mera heads to a house in the coast, where a man named Stephen Shin lives. Aquaman tells Mera that Shin was a friend of his father's who taught him how to use his powers. He also mentions Shin attempted to kill Aquaman because he would not take him to Atlantis.
Entering Shin's house, Aquaman and Mera ask Shin to perform an autopsy on the Trench body they recovered and Shin reluctantly agrees. Shin deduces that the creature is a new type of sea lifeform that lives in the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, out of the Trench. Shin wants to keep the body, believing it will help restore his credibility, but Aquaman won't let him. Desperate, Shin asks Aquaman where is Atlantis, but Aquaman simply leaves.
As Aquaman and Mera swim to the depths of the ocean to find the creatures's lair, Mera asks what will they do once they find the victims. Aquaman replies that they don't know what the creatures are yet. Mera believes that if the victims are food, then they must desperate for food and that they must be on the verge of extinction. Aquaman replies that if that's true, then the creatures are just trying to survive, just like they are.
- This book was first published on November 23, 2011.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 7 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 7 3
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Aquaman (Volume 1)
- Aquaman (Volume 2)
- Aquaman (Volume 3)
- Aquaman (Volume 4)
- Aquaman (Volume 5)
- Aquaman (Volume 6)
- Aquaman (Volume 7)
- Aquaman (Volume 8)
- Aquaman and the Others (Volume 1)
- Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis (Volume 1)
- Aquaman: Time and Tide (Volume 1)
- Atlantis Chronicles (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)