Ares is the God of War, once worshiped as a god by the people of Ancient Greece.
He represents the physical or violent aspect of war. He is the son of Zeus, the King of the Gods. After Zeus eventually created humanity, Ares viewed the race with disdain, and began corrupting them with war, bloodthirst, and violence.
- Olympian Physiology
- This character is an adaptation of Ares, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Ares is played by David Thewlis in Wonder Woman. He was played by Nick McKinless in Justice League, with Thewlis' face added digitally. McKinless was only credited as a stunt performer.
- 3 Appearances of Ares (DC Extended Universe)
- 6 Images featuring Ares (DC Extended Universe)
- Quotations by or about Ares (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Ares (DC Extended Universe)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."