Ares is the Olympian god of war, father of Queen Hippolyta and grandfather of Wonder Woman, and an ancient enemy of the Amazons of Amazonia. In modern times, he acts as Maxwell "Max" Lord, an expert entrepreneur who provides his services to the US Army in areas such as robotics, tactical analysis and psychology.
Three thousand years ago he visited Hippolyta on the Amazon Island, but the Amazons managed to get rid of him. Now he has returned for vengeance, stoking global war between the sexes from the United States, having influence over the American army and government.
As Max Lord, he was the main alerter against alleged plans of an Amazon invasion and domination of the men of the world by women. He is also the mind behind the Project A.R.E.S..
Powers and Abilities
- Godly Physiology
- Business Management
- Female Psychology
- Military Protocol
- Robotic Engineering
- Tactical Analysis
- Project A.R.E.S.: Armed Response Environment Suit, remote controlled automata.
- A.R.E.S. 2.0 (A.R.E.S. Mark 2): The most advanced automaton, remote controlled by Ares himself.
- Third Reich mind control tech
- 2 Appearances of Ares (Earth-1)
- 2 Images featuring Ares (Earth-1)
- Quotations by or about Ares (Earth-1)
- Character Gallery: Ares (Earth-1)
|Wonder Woman Family member|
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."