Ariadne was one of the wives of Theseus.
When Theseus was sent as a sacrifice to the Minotaur, Ariadne helped him to kill him without knowing that the creature was her brother, aiming to be taken out of Crete by the Athenian prince, but instead Theseus killed half the Cretan royal family, sparing only Minos, Pasiphae and Phaedra, taking the latter with them to Athens and leaving Ariadne behind.
Later, then finally married to Theseus, Ariadne was jealous of Antiope, Theseus' new wife, and conspired with Circe to kill her. Years later, Circe gave her an opportunity to exact revenge on the people of Antiope's adopted daughter, Phthia, as well as Antiope's sister. She placed Ariadne's mind in the body of Magala, an Amazonian witch who had been killed by a faulty spell. In this new position, she orchestrated a war between the Amazons of Themyscira and Bana-Mighdall.
- Ariadne's Thread
- This character is an adaptation of Ariadne, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 5 Appearances of Ariadne of Knossos (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Ariadne of Knossos (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ariadne of Knossos (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ariadne of Knossos (New Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."