"Sea of Troubles": In Abraxis' home dimension an unnamed male watches helplessly as an unnamed female's child is abducted. In this dimension, there is no hope. In present day Metropolis, Lois Lane and Clark Kent's fast food lunch is interrupted by an unnamed gunman who is thwarted when Waverid
Appearing in "Sea of Troubles"
- Abraxis' Home Dimension Natives (all unnamed)
- Easy Company
- Enemy Ace
- Flash (Wally West)
- Gunner and Sarge
- Guy Gardner
- Hawkman (Katar Hol)
- Hawkwoman (Shayera Thal)
- Johnny Cloud
- Martian Manhunter
- Power Girl
- Wonder Woman
- Abraxis' Home Dimension
- New York City, New York
- Wyoming (Flashback only)
- The Devil's Bones (Flashback only)
- Time line: Prehistoric Era
- Unknown Location
- Time line: World War II
Synopsis for "Sea of Troubles"
In Abraxis' home dimension an unnamed male watches helplessly as an unnamed female's child is abducted. In this dimension, there is no hope. In present day Metropolis, Lois Lane and Clark Kent's fast food lunch is interrupted by an unnamed gunman who is thwarted when Waverider, there to recruit Clark, freezes time. Clark suggests that Waverider collect the other heroes and that they meet at the JSA's former headquarters, now a museum. There Waverider brings together Superman, Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, Flash and Wonder Woman from the present and Troia, Starfire and Guy Gardner from about 1 year ago. He tells them all of Abraxis and his plans then sends them to their respective time periods to fight. Then he collects the others he needs. He convinces Lobo to help with the assistance of Vril Dox. He sends Lobo to join Guy Gardner and Starfire in the prehistoric past and soon sends Orion and Enemy Ace to join them. There they confront the Daemen, the husks and the simulacrum as well as a few dinosaurs.
In Europe, somewhere during World War II members of Easy Company meet up with Gunner and Sarge (and Pooch) both of whom were directed to the location by a Major who seemed to have a glow about him (i.e. Waverider). There they team up, with Johnny Cloud and shortly thereafter Hawkman and Hawkwoman from Thanagar to fight the Daemen, husks and simulacrum. Despite their best efforts, the simulacrum is completed and Abraxis sends a portion of his consciousness into it.
- Waverider selects heroes from different moments in time. The soldiers (Easy Company, Gunner & Sarge and Johnny Cloud) are from their present (as the crisis occurs in their time), but Hawkman and Hawkwoman join them from Waverider's present. Enemy Ace is taken from his native era (though specifically when is never revealed). Starfire is plucked from her "early years" with the New Titans and Troia is selected from about a year ago. Guy Gardner is also selected from a year ago (so he can't accidentally tell the Titans things about the present they shouldn't know). All other superheroes are presumably from the present.
- It is unclear how much of this story is still canon as the simultaneous existence of both the JSA's Carter Hall and Hawkworld's Katar Hol will be negated in future retcons following Zero Hour.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Armageddon: Inferno Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Armageddon: Inferno series