Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Armando Ramon is Rupture, the brother of Vibe (Cisco Ramon).
Detroit native Armando Ramon was to be the first member of his family to go to university. He earned a football scholarship to the University of California, much to his brothers' dismay. Cisco wanted him to go to the University of Michigan while Dante saw no use in a college drgree. However, he never got to go: Darkseid invaded Earth and a Boom Tube opened near the three brothers. Cisco was hit and gained powers, but Armando was never seen again and believed dead. In reality, Armando had become a Breacher, capable of interdimensional travel, and became an interdimensional hunter under the name Rupture, in the service of Mistress Mordeth.
The Search for Darkseid's Daughter
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: The Boom Tube that opened up before the Ramon brothers bathed Armando with the same pandimensional energies that his youngest sibling was bathed in. While Armando was pulled through the rift unlike Cisco who was sadwitched between its event horizon, he ended up on another world featuring similar abilities but at a much greater level than those of Vibe.
- Warp Wave Manipulation: Rupture can emit the same extra-dimensional energy his brother can as concussive vibrations. Armando uses His sickle as a focus for his energy, discharging it as vastly potent blast waves.
- Dimensional Travel
- Flight: Armando uses the energy to fly and/or hover in mid-air, able to soar through the sky at varying speeds at will.
- Energy Absorption: Rupture can siphon the energies that power Cisco and his own abilities in order to strengthen his dimensional warping capabilities.
- Energy Sensing: Armando can feel and track the unique energy frequencies of dimensional breachers, enabling him to follow the trails of others even from across realities.
- Tuning Scythe: Rupture uses a sickle like weapon to channel and better utilize his powers.
- Armando Ramon was created by Gerry Conway and Chuck Patton, first appearing in Justice League of America #233. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Andrew Kreisberg, Geoff Johns and Pete Woods' New 52 Justice League of America's Vibe series.
- Armando is also known as the Hound of Mordeth.
- 6 Appearances of Armando Ramon (Prime Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Armando Ramon (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Armando Ramon (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Armando Ramon (Prime Earth)