Armek was a White Martian and a member of the alien super-team known as the Hyperclan. Armek and his seven colleagues came to Earth several years ago, claiming to be the last survivors of a world that had been destroyed by geological upheaval and environmental irresponsibility. Vowing to never allow such catastrophe to even occur again, the Hyperclan allegedly journeyed through space seeking out planets in need of saving. In truth, this was just a front to turn public opinion against Earth's more prominent super-heroes, specifically, the Justice League of America.
In short order, the JLA came to realize that the Hyperclan were not benevolent creatures, but the first wave of a full-scale alien armada intent on conquering the planet.
Armek and his teammates, Zenturion and ZüM fought against the Flash and Green Lantern in the Sahara Desert. Following this encounter however, Armek was side-lined and the Martian Manhunter assumed his form in order to infiltrate Z'onn Z'orr.
Armek returned to the citadel for a final battle against the Justice League. By this point, the JLA had learned about the Hyperclan's Martian heritage and knew how to defeat them. The Flash trapped Armek in a ring of candles, enabling Green Lantern the chance to knock him out with a ring-generated 16-ton counterweight.
When the rest of the Hyperclan were defeated, the Martian Manhunter used his powers to wipe their minds and memories, forcing them to assume human forms. Providing them with new identities, he then sent them out to live as productive members of the human race.
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Shape-Shifting: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Invisibility: Martians can cause the biopolymers in their bodies to lose their ability to reflect light, making the Martians invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Phasing: Martians can go through solid matter.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Stamina
- Extrasensory Input
- Super Hearing
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. 
- Astral Projection
- Mind Control: As an extension of this, Martians can also use the ability to alter a psychological profile of a target, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control that individual. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used. 
- Telepathic Relay
- Telepathic Assault
- 8 Appearances of Armek (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Armek (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Armek (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Armek (New Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |