Synopsis for "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four"
Appearing in "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four"
- The Spectre (Oliver Queen) (First appearance as The Spectre) (Dies)
- Jim Corrigan
- Monitor (Mar Novu) (Origin)
- Speed Force Memories
- Xneen Novu (Only appearance; dies)
- Damien Darhk (Flashback only)
- Deathstroke (Slade Wilson) (Flashback only)
- Malcolm Merlyn (Flashback only)
- Nyssa al Ghul (Flashback only)
- Prometheus (Flashback only)
- Ra's al Ghul (Flashback only)
- Speed Force Memories
- Dominators (On a TV or computer screen)
- Victor Stone (Mentioned only)
- Multiverse (Rebirth)
- Crisis on Infinite Earths
- This episode is the fourth part of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, continuing from the The Flash episode "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three" and concluded in the DC's Legends of Tomorrow episode "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Five".
- The Multiverse is rebooted by the combined forces of the Spectre and the Paragons.
- While not shown in the episode, the DCEU is introduced as another Earth of the Multiverse with Ezra Miller returning as Barry Allen.
- The events of this episode happen one month after the cliffhanger of Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three.
- Oliver Queen returns one last time as The Spectre to help the Paragons to reach the Speed Force and go back in time to restore the Multiverse.
- In an homage to the original Crisis on Infinite Earths, The Spectre battles the Anti-Monitor, as it was told him by Jim Corrigan in the Purgatory.
- Oliver pronounces for the last time his famous catchphrase You have failed this....
- Because of the battle with Mobius, he ultimately dies with Barry and Sara by his side as he takes his last breath.
- At the end of the episode, the Multiverse is rebooted by the last energies of Oliver Queen/The Spectre and the Paragons, using the last page of the Book of Destiny.
- The Speed Force is shown to still exist after the annihilation of the Multiverse but it was slowly dying so Barry could not run into that dimension to go back in time and save the realities. Barry forces Oliver to use his Spectre's powers to project the Paragons into the Speed Force despite the higher entity warning him of the dangers of doing so.
- The real consequences of Oliver powering Barry will be later revealed as the Speed Force is corrupted and ultimately dies, depowering every speedster that was connected with it.
- While in the Speed Force, the Paragons revived some past events of Earth-1 such as the first meeting between Oliver and Barry, the invasion of the Dominators and the creation of the Elseworlds by John Deegan.
- Despite the Multiverse's extinction, Barry Allen of Earth-1 meets another Barry Allen in the Speed Force, being shocked as he believed it could not be possible. As the Speed Force is an extra-dimensional source of energy, it exist at the same time in both Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis continuities and it can be presumed that this is a Post-Crisis version of the alternate Barry Allen.
- This is the first time a DCEU character appears outside of a movie.
- At this point in time, Barry Allen has already faced the arrival of Steppenwolf as he mentions knowing Victor Stone aka Cyborg.
- However, he's really shocked by the Flash of Earth-1 who told him his superhero name much to Barry's curiosity. As on-screen he was never called that way, this could the very origin of his superhero name as it could be seen in future movies.
- The cameo of Ezra Miller was requested by Peter Roth, head of Warner Bros Television, and Jim Lee so that it could be displayed the existence of a unique Multiverse, composed by every live-action and animated DC properties, allowing future crossovers.
- Lex Luthor calls the team up with him and Marv Novu as "The Brave and the Bold" named after the comic of the same name.
- 4 Images from Arrow (TV Series) Episode: Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four
- Episodes of Arrow (TV Series)
- Images from Arrow (TV Series)
- Gallery for the Arrow (TV Series) series
Links and References
- Crisis on Infinite Earths (Arrowverse) at Wikipedia.org
- "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four" at the Arrowverse Wiki